LS build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92LScivic

does anyone have any dyno specs on an ls build in a 5th gen civic hatch or even a before/after swap type comparison thanks guys

All you need to do is check the engine guide in the reference section of this website for numbers. I have the LS in my 1995 Civic Coupe and man..it is a lot faster. IF you build the tranny up correctly the engine is very responsive and there really is no lag throughout the whole powerband. I have the usual CAI, header, exhaust system and that helped a LOT. Dont go cheap on your parts and trust me..it will be worth it. I dyno'ed on one of those ones you plug into the cigarette lighter at 163 hp. But I am just too lazy to hit a real dyno. But my ass dyno is telling me this car will accelerate WAY faster than my old engine. The biggest difference is in the torque section. You will pull much better with this engine because of this. I can blast a car off the line much better due to the torque and my tires.

Basically...This build conversation is a great daily driver. You will piss your pants the first time you drive this car with the B18B1. Do it right and love it forever.

thanks man thats was what i needed iv got a header,intake,exhaust,upgrade ecu,lightweight flywheel,lightweight clutch enough for now iv already got about 2k into the swap which isnt bad but i expect a huge gain over stock cx thanks bro

To be honest...you really don't need the ECU chip. I run just the stock chip and it works better than when I was using an after market chip.

Also, I would seriously advice against getting an aluminium flywheel. The one I had warped and half the threads pulled out. Instead what I did was get a B16 flywheel and have them machine 4 pounds off the unit giving me a 12 pound flywheel. Since the flywheel is steel I dont have to worry about warpage or pulled threads anymore and it is much easier to drive around town. ( Did I fail to mention you can get the B16 flywheel for like 20 bucks, get it machined for less than 100 and save yourself a shit load of money compared to a "lightweight" flywheel.)

If I could suggest a clutch I would totally get ACT's heavy duty clutch with a matching [pressure plate. I have the HD clutch with the SS pressure plate and it is amazing. It will grip at high RPM and I have yet to have it slip on me. As long as you break it in properly you are money.

Just my 2 cents

Back