ls head on b16 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jordan

i was wondering if a ls head will work on the b16 block?

if you had enough money, you could put a d15 head on a b16 block.

but why the fuck would you?

don't do that dude...that's as dumb as a concrete popsicle.

b/c i have an ls head and no block i can get a b16 block for a good price. so i need to know if it will work. just so i can drive the car you know. not trying to make any power out of it i just dont have the money to buy a full b16. so if i get a block i could drive with an ls head until i have enough to buy a b16 head.

i bet you could buy a b18a block for cheaper then you could get your cheap b16 block. it would work out so much better cuz without vtec plus the LS head you would like be driving a D16.

yeah you know i probably could do that. well thanks for the lack of help i got here.

what help did you want?? it fits it and it will work but its just that its backwards. people useally want a vtec head and a ls bottom. If you just want a running engine and you can get the b16 bottom really cheap like dirt cheap then go ahead.

Do it then, it gonna be SLOW, really fuckin slow. I suggest just waiting till you can either buy a b16 head or an ls bottom end though .

its the other way around b16a head on ls block if you don't have $$$ wait till you do don't do things that will cost more in the long run

Look man, buy the 3 blocks for $300, trade one for a LS block, and put the LS head on it. Sell both of the others, to buy parts for the other one you're going to need like transmission, mounts, wiring yadda, yadda, yadda..., to make it work in your civic.

damn i could use two of them blocks! i have two b16a2 heads and two cracked blockes! but i´m afraid it would cost an arm and a leg to ship a block to Iceland:(

you can do it and have 9.7:1 CR but have 1587cc displacement
a reg ls long block is only 9.2:1 CR with 1834cc displacement

dude, dont do it. it will be as slow as a d15. not worth the time or trouble.

That would be point less... uderly pointless... someone lock this thread!

1.6 LS? It'll work, and i think it'll still make more power than a D15, but who knows. I'd actually like to see him do it and see how it turns out. You should dyno that bitch too, thats somethin i'd like to see just for the hell of it. It'd be almost like a ZC

I agreee with everyone, thats completely stupid. It's not even worth your trouble. My lugnuts take more torque thatn that engine would make. :ufucktard:

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Nov 21 2003, 08:43 PM
I agreee with everyone, thats completely stupid. It's not even worth your trouble. My lugnuts take more torque thatn that engine would make. :ufucktard:

Your lugnuts take more torque than a stock b16 would make (actually the same)... so what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Back