Ls In A 96 Civic Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ballsout

I have a 97 b18b motor plus tranny and i have a limited budget so i cant afford some aftermarket brackets/mounts can i use stock brackets /mounts from another car ????

You can use the drivers side engine mount and transmission mount for the civic , but you will need a mount from a 99-00 Civic Si or 98-00 CRV for the rear engine mount. there are around $65 from Honda Dealerships

hey,

im doing the same sorta swap right now and, i have the same problem,

all the mounts work from the stock engine, except the rear tranny mount is differnet shape, and the b18b tranny mount is too long, so u can get a sir tranny mount for $80 canadian from honda,

the driver side upper mount does not work at all!!!!!!!! gosh
i heard that an sir mount would work here too, but it costs a hell of alot more then what the other guy said, honda said it costs 300...........

hit me back if you find out more about this ok

peace

ok i have this swap heres what you need, 99-00 si rear tranny mount, as far as the upper drivers side you need to use your civic mount but go to honda and order the bracket that bolts in between the mount and the block from a 99-00 SI make sure you get the studs with it. Other wise just use all your stock civic mounts. Do not listen to the rest of these people they are wrong. Trust me i did the swap and have the motor in my 97 coupe

with ur 93 u will just need the rear tranny mount, the driver side will work fine with the mount you get from the b18b

I went to the dealership the driver side si mount the gave me looks exactly like the dx mount can someone describe the si mount :angry: :angry: :angry:

Originally posted by ballsout@May 10 2003, 04:31 PM
I went to the dealership the driver side si mount the gave me looks exactly like the dx mount can someone describe the si mount :angry: :angry: :angry:

its not the mount you need, its the brakct that bolts between the block and the mount, its kinda an S shape with two studs sticking out of it

Yea, if you want advices, TRUST BAKER, he knows what he's talking about. I am doing a B18C swap into my 96 CX and ran into mounting problems too. The driver side mount wont fit, and the rear wont fit. I got the rear and the side mount that go into the block from a 99-00 si. I dont know the exact price for each from the back of my head but the rear mount and the si mount plus the two studs each (cost $9.xx ) total price for rear mount, side mount plus studs cost me $136. Now my car run but it wont run right maybe i missed a few wires. oh, I got my from Honda dealer.

Back