Ls Into 93dxhatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93dxKID

anyone have tips/opinons on doing this...i can get the complete swap and install for 1000, and eventually go ls-t rather...for the price of the b16 install i could build up the ls

compared to the ls-t, would the CRV-tec be a better route to go?...i read that it has more power, and with the b16 head needed to clear the hood and you get the added vtec power....the only problem i see with this is the lack of ability to upgrade if you don't bolt on the b16 head and just replaced the intake manifold (for quick install untill more money comes for the head)...if anyone has done this install let me know how it turned out for you and if you think its worth it...i think i would be nice to be a little different in the honda scene

buddy of mine went boosted on a 92 hatch with an LS and with upgraded pistons he went 12.7 i think. I think the LS motor is a little underrated. It performs good, it's cheap to build, and they are everywhere and more replaceable than the vtec's.

Milan

so boosting an ls, with upgraded pistons is good eh?...is that all he did after the install aftermarket wise...with the money i save with the ls swap i could easily replace internals with JE pistons/Eagle rods...time to search and find some information on the ls swap

anyone suggest swap info sites?

to me i rather go all motor, b20vtec is the way to go, i would just resleeved the block, ctr pistons or JE pistons/ ROD etc, b16 head wit ctr cams or toda vtec killer cams and ITR IM, retainers, springs, etc would be cheaper than doing turbo IMO.

Originally posted by weak_sauce@Jun 11 2003, 02:31 AM
to me i rather go all motor, b20vtec is the way to go, i would just resleeved the block, ctr pistons or JE pistons/ ROD etc, b16 head wit ctr cams or toda vtec killer cams and ITR IM, retainers, springs, etc would be cheaper than doing turbo IMO.

CTR cams or Toda VTEC killers :wtf: could those two cams be any further apart???????

Back