Ls Into Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dok

:worthy: How and want do I need to do this swap its a 91 si crx and a 90 ls from a intera. If any one know a step by step place were i can get this info please tell me i have both cars the 91 is rear ended :worthy:

you already have all you need with exception of the motor mounts. being you have an si it should plug to the si harness. the only things you should have to do is put a dent in the driver side frame rail just below the strut tower. make sure the dent is about 1/4" - 1/2" deep. after you mount the motor you then need the shift linkage from the integra and you'll need to cut a couple inches off the linkage for it to fit properly and have it welded back or you can get a custom linkage from hasport. also remember you'll need to remove the dust shiled from the hubs and a washer on the end the axles. everything will be coming off the integra

u dont have to remove the dust sheild and the washer at the end of the axles. i never did and its perfect. thats just some crap u would read on some website that thinks they know everything about swaping motors.

civic 88ls: what did you use to swap an obd0 ls into your ef? did you need any wiring harness adapters? did you have hood clearence problems?

Dude, i did the exact same swap into my 1991 CRX Si like 3 weeks ago. a 91 teg engine. U will need the following, engine tranny mounts shift linkage timing belt and like 500 bucks extra just incase. Everything is pretty easy, make sure u put in the rear mount 1st, or u will have a bitch of a time making it work. also iadvise new tranny seals, throwout bearing and cutch, so u dont have to worry about them anytime in thefuture. also i cant stress enough on having around 500 extra, i had around 400 and i went through all of it, i needed new front hub, a new oil pan, oil ( for 2 oil changes smart to do 2 in the 1st week.) also to work the shift linkage and exhaust u will need to cut, thenreweld the section. make sure the tranny is in neutral when u cut shift linkage or ur length will be off. If u have any questions as u go through i still remember what i did so feel free to email me if u need help
Killa_Bee88@hotmail.com

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Apr 16 2003, 12:43 PM
Dude, i did the exact same swap into my 1991 CRX Si like 3 weeks ago. a 91 teg engine. U will need the following, engine tranny mounts shift linkage timing belt and like 500 bucks extra just incase. Everything is pretty easy, make sure u put in the rear mount 1st, or u will have a bitch of a time making it work. also iadvise new tranny seals, throwout bearing and cutch, so u dont have to worry about them anytime in thefuture. also i cant stress enough on having around 500 extra, i had around 400 and i went through all of it, i needed new front hub, a new oil pan, oil ( for 2 oil changes smart to do 2 in the 1st week.) also to work the shift linkage and exhaust u will need to cut, thenreweld the section. make sure the tranny is in neutral when u cut shift linkage or ur length will be off. If u have any questions as u go through i still remember what i did so feel free to email me if u need help
Killa_Bee88@hotmail.com

Thanks alot everyone I will doing the swap in 2 1/5 weeks and will short then do a custom t25 because I am sick of a gsr around my hose that keeps taking shit we will show him what hondaswap.com is about :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, LoL, a GSR?, with the B18a with I/H/E u should b able to take him as long as he doesnt have many mods. Think about this, my friend ( a good driver ran a 14.82 in my car, a B18a with CAI and exhaust, no header) a stock Type R runs 14.7, that means a GSR probably runs 15.0-15.1(with a good driver) or so, right there u got urself a good race, if u have intake header exhaust cams and cam gears u will smoke it, the turbo will just make it all that much sweeter:)

i just finished putting in my motor and i have the same set up (91 crx, '95 LS motor, Si wiring) and i am using the LS ecu (PR4)....and i am getting a code 13. i just wanted to know...

#1 can the car still start with a code 13? (b/c its not starting and i have no idea why not)

#2 what are some things that i can do to try and get rid of this code?

#3 does anyone have a diagram and/or pics...or maybe can just explain how to run the vaccuum lines? (b/c i was told that that might prevent that car from starting as well)

any help is appreciated....thanks

if its any help...i had a code 4 also, but thats gone now.

well, #1 i dont know what code 13 on a b18b is, so ill leave that alone, but if its not starting and the code doesnt have anything to do with that, go through the basics, is it trying to start but not turning over?, is it turning over but not catching?, are your wires to the correct cylinders?( i had this problem i didnt realize it till a day later), then check if all your sparkplugs are making spark, see if your injectors are putting in fuel, if u got all of those happening, then it should be running. vacume lines will probably make it idle rougher, but it still should run. if u know what code 13 is let me know and ill C if i know anything else.

i just got a quote from a company down by me for a b18b for 1050 what a steal doesnt come with tranny but full engine

dude, 1050 for longblock isnt a steal, tranny will be like 400, axels are expensive if u buy new. go to a wrecker, look for complete setup and take it all. makes everything alot easier, picking parts is expensive in the long run and takes long if u dont have connections.

Originally posted by Kolumbo69@Apr 17 2003, 02:47 PM
i just got a quote from a company down by me for a b18b for 1050 what a steal doesnt come with tranny but full engine

For that price just look for teg with alot of body damage in fact I just remeber my friend gats a91 teg take is being parted out it ia a auto but you can get the engine cheaper then 1000 for sure if you want email me speeding88@hotmail.com I will ask him much he wants

I am doing a 91 Ls Integra into my 90 crx dx, I am having a hell of a time. this is my first front wheel drive swap, I changed out the front suspension, but now my rims wont fit, I have everything need with the exception of a broken throttle position sensor. all I have to do now is the wiring. I have a honda tunning mag that covers this, but it is kinda vauge on some things, and I dont have money falling out of my ass to buy a complete wiring kit. Any help would be cool.

inspecta83 I feel for you. I have the same problem with my car. 89 Civic LX with 92 LS. Using the PR4 as well. I am getting a code 13 and the car runs great. A code 13 is the Barometric Pressure sensor and is built into the ECU. I have been trying to track mine down for weeks now so I can ref the car. I have the diagram and a picture as well. send me an email and I will send it to you. my email is LXVTEC@AOL.COM

Originally posted by dragoncrxls@Apr 22 2003, 09:50 PM
I am doing a 91 Ls Integra into my 90 crx dx, I am having a hell of a time. this is my first front wheel drive swap, I changed out the front suspension, but now my rims wont fit, I have everything need with the exception of a broken throttle position sensor. all I have to do now is the wiring. I have a honda tunning mag that covers this, but it is kinda vauge on some things, and I dont have money falling out of my ass to buy a complete wiring kit. Any help would be cool.

what mag shows the swap

Back