LS motor into a 90 crx hf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

hey guys whats up, i was reading the tech articles but i couldnt find anything of real help so i decided to post.
im swapping an ls motor into my 90 crx hf 5speed.
the swap includes:
91 Ls Motor
YS1 trans
axles
int. shaft
ecu
mounts

im pretty sure the mechanical stuff i can do since im good with that, but the wiring im not to sure about, What kind of wiring do i need to do to make this swap work keeping in mind that the car is already mpfi. Can i keep the a/c ??
please let me know what i should know.
thanks for the help in advance

You will need the Hasport $160 bracket to keep your A/C. As far as wiring goes....its just plug and play as far as I know. If it has a knock sensor, you'll need to wire that up, but besides that, theres nothing. All I had to wire for my b16 was vtec shit + some basics (2nd O2, Vtec oil, Vtec solenoid, Knock sensor) I dont know if the LS motor uses a 2nd O2 or a Knock sensor, but its REALLY easy to wire. When I say easy, I mean EASY. The b-series ef swap is very easy, don't worry about it :)

im doing the same swap only in an 88 dx...everything for u shud be plug and play like he said...i hafto wire for mpfi but that no biggie....good luck man!

no need for a knock sensor.
you need Si hubs, correct linkage, and correct mounts.
other than that you are gravy, there is no wiring other than extending a few things

well i have a dx that im taking this swap out of so i can steal those hubs tho they need a rebuild, who makes a good linkage kit for this swap? cuz i just modifed the old ones before and it would hang up during shifts sometimes. does anyone know where i can get that hasport ac bracket at for cheaper than 180 or is there anyone else that makes the kit??
thanks for the help

who made that linkage kit? im pretty sure that the linkage is the problem since theres no grinds in the tranny or anything and no weird noises, it just wont go into gear sometimes.

Back