Ls pumps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

I was wondering if there were any advantages in changing my Ls water and oil pumps to gsr or type r pumps? I need these pumps to help finish my build so I wanted to ask before I bought anything. The motor is a plain b18b1 all-motor. Thanx for any input or suggestions.

they are geared differently and thus will spin faster, usually better for high revving engines (commonly used in ls/vtec engines etc)

Would they be any help to a straight ls, with no vtec? Also, will the different gearing change anything ( i.e. need different parts than ls? )

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Aug 25 2004, 01:45 PM
they are geared differently and thus will spin faster, usually better for high revving engines (commonly used in ls/vtec engines etc)
[post=381680]Quoted post[/post]​

I was under the impression that the ls water pump spun too fast for the higher rpms, and therefore cavitated the water, but may I heard wrong. The vtec oil pumps have to put out higher pressure to run the vtec and the oil squirters that the ls doesn't have. Having vtec pumps will just aid you in the event that you like to rev high all the time. For just average joe driving, the stock pumps are fine. Just don't rev alot with the ls oil pump or you'l soon be spinning bearing. I did.

you know what.. i think you are right and i am incorrect. but either way you want to use an oil pump from a gsr/itr/b16

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Aug 28 2004, 02:37 PM
you know what.. i think you are right and i am incorrect. but either way you want to use an oil pump from a gsr/itr/b16
[post=383072]Quoted post[/post]​

definitely get a vtec oil pump. And an oem vtec oil cooler if you can find one. The type that fits behind the oil filter.

ok, so it looks like the verdict is to get a vtec oil pump and the ls water pump is fine. What does this mean for belts, etc? Which parts would i use with the vtec pump? Thanx for patience and answers.

Back