Ls Rod Bolts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sed8ed

Well, I was out buying arp bolts for my engine and I ran into a minor problem... arp lists acura 1.8l engines as having two rod bolt diameters... 8mm and 9mm. What size are the rod bolts on b18a/b stock rods

Summit has the 9mm kit listed for all B18's and the 8mm kit for The D15's D16's and B16's.

Well, I picked up the 9mm ones... I posted from the parts store... I guess when I pull the rods out tomorrow i'll put the calipers on them and find out once and for all.

ok that sounds cool.
i just did my rod bolts about a week and a half ago for my b18a1 and they were teh 8mm ones. hope the 9's work for you.. are these from a b18b?

Nope, B18a block, shotpeened ls rods, pr3 pistons, haven't decided if im going with a blockgaurd, arp bolts (rod and head (head bolts will be in on tuesday)), 99 B18b head, MrGasket head gasket, typeR intake and exhaust springs and retainers, port and polished head with portmatched intake and exhaust plenums and stock cams for now.

The parts for the type R wont be in for a couple of months so I decided to go back to work on the civic.

Back