LS Slave Cylinder on B16 Trans?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CAFROG

Honda Minion
VIP
Just wondering if anyone knew if i could do that?

I'm trouble shhoting a clutch problem on my B16 swap (I have a thread about it in the Hybrid EG-EK-DC)

If it does...I can see if that alleviates my problem

All B and D series clutch slave cylinders are the same. I have compaired my D16y5 one to my B18b1 slave cylinder and they are the same, even both have 3/4 cast into the front. However the clutch line are very different from the B and D engines. If doing a B series swap use the D16's clutch slave and lines, you may need to bend the lines just a bit for fitment.

So why do you say to use the d series? I had my LS with Ls slave on the trans for 10yrs with no problems. I have this high pitch sound when at idle. If I push the clutch in an inch...it goes away. I need to get a long piece of metal (Like a long a$$ screwdriver) and use it to hear if the slace is making that aweful noise. i just wanted to know if I could use the LS slave but now 'intenseneal' says use a d-series??? So no checking with the LS slave?

Well I don't know what to do with this situation. It could be an array of things that connect from the slave cylinder to the arm that swings the throw out bearing to the stupid pressure plate

I bought a new XTR clutch and it came with the throw out bearing.

It seemed kinda cheap and I was an idiot for not using and OEM throw out bearing.

I would rather not tear that stupid trans out unless i know I have a fix.

I'm tempted to buy a ACT or Excedy clutch kit and an OEM throw out bearing.

but I jsut friggin spent money on a flywheel clutch combo

slave cyl will either work or it won't. it will effect pedal feel, not cause a whining.

sounds like the throwout bearing is toast to me. That's the usual problem when it makes noise with the clutch out but not when its depressed.

Wonder if the company that I boght it from will honor anything on it? Probably not.

I think it s the throw out bearing too. Just hoping the slave cylinder could be it but I finally decided to take it out. Probably next weekend. I'll get an OEM one and see if that works.

I hope hope hope that the throw out bearing is the fix. In my other article

https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-eg-ek-dc/new-b16-swap-clutch-problem-289701/

I talk about the gears feeling hard to shift if the pedal is to the floor (at a stop with motor running)

If I take it up an inch...shifts like butter...and this whistle in neutral

Thanks for the info. And I'm the one that preaches for OEm parts (like...throwout bearings caps rotors timing belts) and I say...'oh this one came with a thowout....I'm good'

Thanks for the help.

Back