LS swap in my 89 CRX DX vaccum help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

powerdbyhonda

i just put a ls in my crx and cant figure out how to hook up the vaccum.now the car only has one cellenoid for the fuel regulator and the intake manifold on the LS has to vaccum ports,so when i hook up the cellenoid for the fuel regulator it runs ok but lean but then i still have that other port to plug up and when i try to just plug it off it shuts off,soo please if anyone has ran into this problem id really appreciate some help,pics, diagrams anything would help.

Tell me if I'm wrong but there's a 2-3 vacuum lines, depending if it's JDM or USDM (I'm OBD1)

Two off the charcoal canister (one to throttle body and one to evap solenoid)

If its JDM....one vacuum line from top of throttle body to map sensor (on firewall)

That's all I can think of for vacuum lines....but I'm three beers deep right now lol

Then there's two heater lines, gas line and radiator lines.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

yea i hade to convert it to obd1,the car is only set up for one cellenoid but the b18 is set up for two,i hooked up the one for the fuel regulator and when i plugged off the other vaccum port it would either shut of or idle at like 100 soo i adjusted the idle screw so it would idle right but anywhere from 1000 to 3000 rpms it would surge but other than that it pulls pretty good the way it is cuz befor i just left that port open and since i plugged it off and adjusted the idle and pulls better soo i dunno i kinda want it perfect,just dosent make any since to me lol.

Oh lmfao derka!!!!i got what you ment nvm yea i did that and its good i was reading your reply about the vac lines all weird srry

Th vacuum lines are different sizes and the motor will only accept certain size lines. They should line up with the lines in your engine bay already.

Check the lines for leaks (cracks/rips/holes/etc)

get a helm manual for your motor

it takes time but you can find what every sensor and solenoid is and find out where it should go. I think you need to work with anything attached to the intake/throttle body

Check for continuity and vacuum leaks to determine to see if thats the problem

Sorry I can't be more help

Look up correct jargon for what's hooked to what and I'll see if i can help more

Back