LS swap into 88 crx si questions(working a budget)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88rexsi

Hi, am have been reading up on all different kinds of swaps and mods for my 88 crx si. I have read about the z6, zc and ls swaps mainly, because they are the only swaps within reason of my budget.
I have already decided to do the ls swap, best bang for buck from what I hear. I am not a complete newbie at modifying cars, and I would like someone's opinion who has already done a similar swap.

I am reading that a lot of guys come into problems (aka spending more $$) by going w/an 0db1 motor for the extra power or w/e, so I am deciding to get a 90 or 91 integra for the swap and to cover some odds n ends.

If anyone has done a similar swap, please give me insight on things not to do, and extra parts that I will need besides linkage and mounts. If you ran into problems let me know please. Also, if you could give me a list of parts and let me know what you paid for the complete swap, that will be greatly appreciated.

Will the integra dash fit into the crx afterwords?

Thanks in advance.

post or IM me on aim- sn- the ript
email- guttermouth63@yahoo.com

Originally posted by 88rexsi@Sep 20 2005, 03:44 AM
Hi, am have been reading up on all different kinds of swaps and mods for my 88 crx si. I have read about the z6, zc and ls swaps mainly, because they are the only swaps within reason of my budget.
I have already decided to do the ls swap, best bang for buck from what I hear. I am not a complete newbie at modifying cars, and I would like someone's opinion who has already done a similar swap.

I am reading that a lot of guys come into problems (aka spending more $$) by going w/an 0db1 motor for the extra power or w/e, so I am deciding to get a 90 or 91 integra for the swap and to cover some odds n ends.

If anyone has done a similar swap, please give me insight on things not to do, and extra parts that I will need besides linkage and mounts. If you ran into problems let me know please. Also, if you could give me a list of parts and let me know what you paid for the complete swap, that will be greatly appreciated.

Will the integra dash fit into the crx afterwords?

Thanks in advance.

post or IM me on aim- sn- the ript
email- guttermouth63@yahoo.com
[post=556968]Quoted post[/post]​

I just put a 91 LS in a 90 crx si..

The only plug I had to change on the factory harness was the EACV/IACV plug, everything else just plugged right in. You have to dent the driver's side frame rail for alternator clearance and you have to bend down the lip on the rear cross member right in front of the mount. Don't forget to move the rear mount over to the set of holes to the right. You will need an obdo LS ecu to run it, you didn't mention that. It will plug right into the factory harness. You will also need a 90-91 integra upper radiator hose, and a crx lower rad hose. Trim the upper to fit. Oh, and 90-91 Teggy LS non abs axles. Pull the dust seals out of your spindles. They are metal and in the back of the spindle. They will bind if you don't.

The LS is a great choice, you will be happy with it, for sure. and leave the crx dash alone, if anything, put a 90-91 dash in it. I like them just fine.

Thats all I can think of atm, I may be forgetting a few things, but its a good start.

So you only put the teg rear discs on b/c they are bigger than the stock crx rear discs? I ask b.c. mine is an 88 and has rear drums, but I plan on putting 91 si rear discs on this weekend (from what ppl are saying, sounds like I will need the best breaks I can afford).
The reason I like the teg speedo is b/c it goes up to 140 and I might need it sometime on a track or something. Do you know if it fits?

So would you say buying the whole integra is a better idea than either buying jdm or buying the parts seperately? I thought it would be so that way I could compression check the motor before buying.

How long should the whole thing take if there are 2 or 3 people working on it?

Aslo, if you come up w/ anything else I need besides a header and cold air intake and ACT (the obvious) please let me know.
Thanks very much for your input!

Originally posted by 88rexsi@Sep 21 2005, 03:02 AM
So you only put the teg rear discs on b/c they are bigger than the stock crx rear discs? I ask b.c. mine is an 88 and has rear drums, but I plan on putting 91 si rear discs on this weekend (from what ppl are saying, sounds like I will need the best breaks I can afford).
The reason I like the teg speedo is b/c it goes up to 140 and I might need it sometime on a track or something. Do you know if it fits?

So would you say buying the whole integra is a better idea than either buying jdm or buying the parts seperately? I thought it would be so that way I could compression check the motor before buying.

How long should the whole thing take if there are 2 or 3 people working on it?

Aslo, if you come up w/ anything else I need besides a header and cold air intake and ACT (the obvious) please let me know.
Thanks very much for your input!
[post=557565]Quoted post[/post]​

I just did that swap 92 ls into a 90 hatch, and I'm having a hell of a time with the vacuum lines. The teg has two little solenoids on the firewall, and the hatch only has one so I think I have to try and find one of those. Maybe its just my car, but I tought I would warn you.

From my understanding, the 92 ls is odb1 and your car is 0db0, thats where the problems come in. I think everyone has a hard time switching 0db versions.

Originally posted by 88rexsi@Sep 21 2005, 02:30 PM
From my understanding, the 92 ls is odb1 and your car is 0db0, thats where the problems come in.  I think everyone has a hard time switching 0db versions.
[post=557863]Quoted post[/post]​

not to thread jack, but im doing the same swap. would you need an injector resistor, a teg throttle cable, or a teg clutch cable to do the swap?

Originally posted by zephon96+Sep 22 2005, 02:38 PM-->
@Sep 21 2005, 02:30 PM
From my understanding, the 92 ls is odb1 and your car is 0db0, thats where the problems come in.  I think everyone has a hard time switching 0db versions.
[post=557863]Quoted post[/post]​

not to thread jack, but im doing the same swap. would you need an injector resistor, a teg throttle cable, or a teg clutch cable to do the swap?
[post=558603]Quoted post[/post]​

stock clutch cable, teg throttle cable, and for obd0 injectors, you need the resister box, for obd1 injectors, you need to remove the box and do a little re-wiring.

Hey, Zephon96... No thread jack. It seems you are very close to me in location. Do you think maybe you could give me an IM or something some on aim- The Ript (my screenname).

The 90 CRX is not to much different from my 88; as I just tore apart a 91 si. Maybe if you have some spare time I might be able to come down and take a look and see how you did with the swap, and the routes you took to complete the swap. This would be very helpful to me if at all possible (its up to you man). This would be greatly appreciated to the max.

Had same problem with vacuum hook up, check in search, type "vacuum". one guy as a diagram for routing helped alot, although im still getting intermittent idle bounce while vehicle idling, and throwing codes 5-7-14
IAC/MAP AND TPS, im sure there all related. as far as your swap, do all the obvious on the engine, timing belt, water pump, tensioner, valve cover gasket, replace alternator, belt, also get new shifter bolts and bushings, new hose clamps, thermostat, extra vacuum lines, also get new injector o-rings, as mentioned throttle and clutch cable from integra, and its smooth sailing from there, once CRX engine was out, we had the teggy motor running 2hrs 20mins later,but with 3 tech's working at it, make sure you have capable wrenchers it helps, very painless swap, good luck

I r teh guy.. but I stole it from somwhere, so I can't take credit for it.
Its for a b16 in a crx, but the vacuum setup is exactly the same.
swapvacuum.jpg

Back