LS swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lnxmad

Dipper
I have a 95 ex that I was thinking of selling cheap and just buying an si, but then I thought about it. I dont want the payments so i cant do anything to it. My friend is selling an LS motor that was already swaped in a 95 coupe. He said 600, I havnt seen it but my friends say it runs good. Should I swap it in my coupe and just save for a VTEC head? Is it worth it or just buy an si. Im sick of my single cam. I want to swap a bseries but cant afford a gsr. 600 bucks for an ls aint bad but how much of a hasle is it to swap a vtec head and am i going to save money? Needs some opinions

yes, save for the vtec head. how much of a hassle is it to swap lsvtec? well you should probably do some research man. you'll save money if you do it right the first time, not half assing becuase you are tired of the sohc, so your overall best bet spend some time saving and researching LSVTEC. once you get all the parts bought and paid for, get all the machine work done (deck, hone all that) either assemble yourself or pay someone to do this for you.

Yea i looked into it you have to drill holes in the block for oil lines for vtec head or somthin, ill just have Trick Engineering intall it.

can u swap the ls in and just wait awhile and install the head later or do u have to pull the block out?

Quoted post[/post]]
Yea i looked into it you have to drill holes in the block for oil lines for vtec head or somthin, ill just have Trick Engineering intall it.

can u swap the ls in and just wait awhile and install the head later or do u have to pull the block out?
you want to do it right and save money?

install ls

buy another LS build that for LS vtec onthe side. buy b16 head, get that ready to go as well.

you dont have to drill the block, you have to drill, tap and block an oil passon the head, not the block then use a kit to deliver oil to the head for vtec.

Or buy the LS (or a short block for cheaper for that matter), find a vtec head. Do everything right the first time & while engine is out of the car. No sense of buying 2 LS's if your single cam still runs fine. Just put up with it until your done with your build then swap. Have fun & do your research.

I say just buy a good low mileage GSR longblock. In my opinion, LS-VTEC can't match a full GSR

Im on a tight budget and want a bseries. The long block comes with no tranny right? and the ls has more low end power so put a vtec head on it and it will scream all the way through the rpm range am i right?

Do you know of any good sites I could check out?

first timer

Hello honda genious's....you smart people who know where perfomance really lies... its my pleasure to finally join such a knoledgeable website.. Can I start asking question now...cause i have alot, like any honda enthusiast......29 years old out of denver colorado... I going to start my ls-vtec n/a swap in a 5th gen coupe ex real soon.. The only knoledge I have to give is that ive done a b16a sir1 swap in a eg and have owned a 2OOO S2000. WOW. what great cars that handled anything that I threw at them everyday allday.
I am looking for peculiars on this swap as for streetable compression ratios, anything really... I think i got the basics and i know you guys have done the homework. just a little insight from someone that has done this swap....anything helps...
thanks...

Back