LS trans into 90 hatch with B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Uppertorso

I am installing a transaxle from a 92 integra LS, into my civic. The clutch cable from my Y1 transaxle does not line up?? :blink:

Do i get one for a 92 integra LS???, To me it is the logical part to use, but i wanted to check with you guys first.

Thanks for any feedback.

Your cable will be the same. I had my original Civic cable at first, but it started to feel funny, so I put in a new Integra cable from Acura, and it's much smoother, but it's just because my Civic cable was 180k miles old. :)

Anyway, do this. Remove the little clutch cable bracket from the tranny. Slip the cable through the bracket, and into position, making sure the cable is lengthened as much as possible using the adjustment knob on the cable. THEN tighten down the bolts for the bracket. Get them both started before torquing them down. After the bracket is tight, readjust the knob til the clutch engagement feels right to your preference.

This will usually allow for enough slack to make it work right.

-Jody

if the b16a was first gen then youll need a different clutch 90-91, 92-93 have different amont of splines

Back