Ls/vtec build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KWJaY

I'm prolly gunna get an integra LS (94-96ish) and after i get it i'll prolly have about 1500 left over that i want start an LS/vtec build with. I'm trying to find some info on what would prolly be better. Either getting a b18c1 head and start building that, or getting a b16a head cuz i have heard those are pretty much like the ITR head without as nice of a valve job. Also after i get a head, what types of things should i get first as far as upgrades, Throttle body, intake mainifold. any help would be very much appreceated.

Sorry if anything is long and stupid or spelled wrong, im pretty high right now so i think that's allright. :D

Yeah i plan to run an all motor setup so i think i will probobly go with the b18c head, i'm also hoping to get a 95, that was its still obd1 but its not the first model of the generation, ive heard that usually the first model of the generation will have more problomes.

between those two heads it really isn't going to make or break you, I say go with the obd1bottom, build it right, b16 head since it's cheap and looking into rebuilding/replacing worn parts of it, spring, retainers, cams, gears, tune it, vowolla.

Milan

im building an lsvtec also my post is in engine building forum...i used a 91 block is that a wiring problem or any other kinda prob's i know about the knock sensor im just taking that and the rest of the vtec to be used from my orig b16

Well yeah i'm gunna use the stock LS block and when i build it ill throw some moeny into it, then save a bit for a new tranny with LSD so traction won't be a problom, i'm also planning on getting pretty decent tires. How hard is it to relace the head? and if i do i should just use the b16a ecu, right?

Im not too sure, i think after just the head it will be like 140-150 fwhp. But I'm gunna build the head up a lot and get a Hondata eventually, i wanna be able to have 200+ whp.

get your block bored to 84mm..it will become a b20 block and you can hit 200 whp with basically a stock VTEC head and some good tuning.

I believe I also have some info pinned up so you can check that out also for which motor setups to go for and their prices.

I say for sure LS bottom with 84-84.5mm sleeves, Crower rods, ARP fasterners, rollerwave pistons "endyn"/Weisco, for the bottom.

Head, b16 since it's cheap and you plan on rebuilding it anyways, and I would go with some medium sized cams since your whip is going dail from the sound of your posting.

Milan

Back