Ls/Vtec & Crv/Vtec Build Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eicivic

I have a question about building a ls/vtec but boring the block to 84mm. So basically like the crv/vtec.
My question is it okay to run the crv/vtec (B20/B16) pistons that wiseco and Je make. It would be low compression and it would have some huge turbo cams. I know that its known that the valve reliefs for the b16 and b18a/b are different so this is why i ask.

BTW: The block will be sleeved by darton.

Thanks in advance!

yeah, it can be done... its just like slapping a stock b20 with a stock b16 head on it...
you'll get a bump in compression from it due to the deck height

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah, it can be done... its just like slapping a stock b20 with a stock b16 head on it...
you'll get a bump in compression from it due to the deck height

How many points of compression will be gained? And my other question is hard to explain but i am needing a logical answer.

The timing gears dont match up 100%. Somehow its 1/2 a tooth off. And trust me its only half a tooth or littl less. But its not a whole tooth.

I have the right parts

P72 Timing Belt
P72 Water pump (22 tooth)
P72 Tensioner
ITR Oil Pump
B18a Block bored to 84mm
B16A1 Head

Something is fishy.... Running the crv/vtec wiseco low compression pistons w/ crower billett rods.
The wiseco LOW compression pistons and got 185 compression accross the board when i did the compression test with 0 miles on it. I am running the total seal gapless rings tho... so i dont know.

Theirs no different on the cam gears for DOHC vtec and DOHC non vtec so im lost........

What do i do? It runs, It idles, and i know the timings off cause it will have a little miss/cutout when not under a load and just slowly reving it up. I do have 390 miles on it and no major problems and it has seen 1bar. :mrgreen:

well if you have adjestable cam gears then make them fit. if not get some caue you will need them on that serious of a build

Quoted post[/post]]
well if you have adjestable cam gears then make them fit. if not get some caue you will need them on that serious of a build

Yea, i have some fidanza cam gears already. I was just wondering what could cause the situation i have. I have some BIG cams that were custom by web camshafts. So i will have to degree the engine to install the cam gears correctly and make sure that when the belt lines up that it will be at the correct degree.

Thanks.

Back