LS/Vtec in 95 Dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slr turbo 4

Quick question, does anyone know what axles and throttle cable i need for this swap? I am building the engine now, but am trying to get all my shopping done early. It is a B18B block, B16a3 head, 94 GSR tranny. I figured i needed the Teg axles and B16 throttle cable, but i am not 100% sure. If anyone know, it would be appreciated! :D

integra axles (dont think it matters what ones as long as they are USDM and 3rd gen)
i used an LS throttle cable and it worked for me

thanks for the quick responce!

By the way E_SolSi,
how many different engine configuration has you done for your car? I was reading your posts, and it seems that you have done almost every swap know. Just curious. :)

nah... only 3 setups through the sol so far :)

stock D16Z6 --- spun berring
then mini-me w/ D15B7 block all other D16Z6 components
now JDM ITR

I have a friend that was wanting to do the mini me swap, is it worth the conversion, or is i better just to get a DOHC engine?

its really hard to say.... it felt as good or maybe a little stronger than the regular D16Z6... if i hadnt F'd up the bottom end of the D16 i would have never bothered though

if a B series swap is in the plans for the future .... i would skip the mini-me and just go straight to the B series

D16Z6???? nahh dude dont be stupid and get a sorry piece of shit instead of a monster. get the g damn ls/vtec but if you get a ls/vtec you have to take care of it more then any other honda motor. change out the pistons and rods...i might need to be resleeved. if you dont have much money just get a b18a swap..so as time flys you can keep adding parts and that thing will be a monster! cheap too you can find b18a for like 300-400 either that or find a cheap gsr?

e_sol im currently saving for the ITR motor my self,Im putting it in a 93 hatch, what are your thoughts on the motor, is it really all its cracked up to be, i mean what im really looking forward to is the power of the ITR with the stock reliability that comes with it, also how is driving on the freeway with that 4.73 final drive?, any time slips?, how would you compare it to the GSR? thanks

slr turbo 4 i also did the mini me set up and went from a stock sohc vtec, the only real thing i noticed was the motor had more torque, the only reason i built it was because i had an extra 88-91 sohc zc in the garage and a d16z6 head lyin around and i put my sohc vtec in my girlfriends car, building the mini me was cheaper then doin anything else ;) , but definately skip the d-series and go with the b, one thing i noticed messing with my car for so long, and messin with all these d-series motors, if i just saved my money i coulda had a damn ITR swap by now

jinstuh- i have read several of your posts, and ive come to a conclusion, you write like a retarted guy talks after he has downed a bottle of jack daniels and took 3 hits off a crack pipe.

Originally posted by jinstuh@Jan 12 2004, 11:52 AM
D16Z6???? nahh dude dont be stupid and get a sorry piece of shit instead of a monster. get the g damn ls/vtec but if you get a ls/vtec you have to take care of it more then any other honda motor. change out the pistons and rods...i might need to be resleeved. if you dont have much money just get a b18a swap..so as time flys you can keep adding parts and that thing will be a monster! cheap too you can find b18a for like 300-400 either that or find a cheap gsr?

terrible idea

an LS/VTEC is only a good idea if you already have 1/2 of it stock (ie: an LS or a B16)
piecing together an LS/VTEC setup properly from scratch will more than likely cost more than simply getting a GSR engine right from the jump

a B18A will most likely have retardedly high miles on it and be on its last leg
so after you dump asswads of cash into it bringing it back up to spec you will still need to get a tranny and head to make it to work properly in a 5th + gen civic

basicly youll be nickel and diming yourself to death

Originally posted by HondaMoCo@Jan 14 2004, 02:39 AM
e_sol im currently saving for the ITR motor my self,Im putting it in a 93 hatch, what are your thoughts on the motor, is it really all its cracked up to be, i mean what im really looking forward to is the power of the ITR with the stock reliability that comes with it, also how is driving on the freeway with that 4.73 final drive?, any time slips?, how would you compare it to the GSR? thanks

for me and what i use it for (road course) the ITR engine is badass
highway driving (im guessing you mean feul ecconomy) sucks ass.... RPMs are always high (4k+).... i can actually get better milage around town.... but as far as fun goes its great
only went to the drag track one time and got one (shitty) run in... so im not going to bother posting a time slip (like i said.. i really dont care about or for drag racing... the car is built for road course) a slip from me would not be a good representation of what the car could do
if you are most interested in drag i would suggest a GSR engine + boost

jinstuh- i have read several of your posts, and ive come to a conclusion, you write like a retarted guy talks after he has downed a bottle of jack daniels and took 3 hits off a crack pipe.

:werd: :withstupid:

e_sol- thanks for the info, yea i still have quite a bit to save for the motor so well see how i feel when i finally get the money.

Back