Ls/ Vtec NA or NOS ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EvoIX4me

I just picked up a 94 vx hatchback , Car has a b18a1 block on a b16a head. I know the head is a 89 not sure what year the block is . Car is very slow , cam gears are set in the middle at 0 . I have not got the chance to do a compression test or leak down test yet. I assume the guy before me way running nos cause the fuel line is sliced and t-eed back together . As far as internals i have no idea whats inside. I never had a ls/vtec before , so any help would be appreciated. And vtec isnt working properly either its sparatic sometimes :mellow:

I know it's a simple thing, but if you haven't checked your oil level give that a shot. I ahve seen low oil levels (not low enough to light the Oil Pressure light) make VTEC not work.

also in mine i ran 10w in cold weather and sludge would build up quickly and cause the vtec to engage and disengage sometimes, switch in a 5w30 sythetic, change the oil, change the plugs out for some good ol NGK do maintenance stuff then see where your at if he ran nos alot in that he could fried the rings and your not getting any oil pressure build up , let me know how it goes

Back