ls/vtec or ls/turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DOHCef

Ok so i have a 90 Si with a stock ls in it has header and intake. But i want to go ls/vtec or turbo it. Ive heard from a few people that the ls/vtec usually dont last that long, but then again they might not of been done properly. I heard that a stock ls could hold 10psi, is that true? Now my question is what might be better. Me going ls/vtec and then possibly turbo later down the road or just do turbo? My goal is to make mid 11s to low 12s, is that reasonable with an ls?

Whats your hp goal? Dont have your goal in sec or psi. But if imo i would turbo charge it and get'er tuned really well.

Read around through some of the old threads around here and you will find a lot of answers to your questions.

i wouldnt do either....hondas end up stolen alot in longview

ls is a good motor to put a vtec on it would cost u money and time, to boost it and to get your target whp, and your 11, up or 12 low your talking of 240 270 hp and to get this with an ls with stock internals is impossible, you need to tune the internals so it could hold 8psi and up ls motor have a good cylender wall for boosting but for a stock engine 6-7 psi is the margine to boost a stock motor, let me ask u how old is ur motor and how many miles on it? the money that u gonna spen on a v-tec set up plus the turbo kit is a b18c1 set up already. hp, torque, reliability,

Back