LS/VTEC problem please help!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rush101

I just built an ls/vtec for my 94 ex coupe and all runs great except the fast the I burn a quart of oil every 15 miles. I am not lying...I crank up my car and it runs smoothe but oil is getting poured into the cylinders somehow. Everything is rebuilt and I ran a compression test after 10 miles and all four cylinders are at about 240 psi. I am running jdm ITR pistons in it. Should the compression be higher? I am at a loss at how all this oil is getting into my engine. Pleeeeeaaaaase help me.

Originally posted by rush101@May 26 2004, 02:56 AM
I just built an ls/vtec for my 94 ex coupe and all runs great except the fast the I burn a quart of oil every 15 miles. I am not lying...I crank up my car and it runs smoothe but oil is getting poured into the cylinders somehow. Everything is rebuilt and I ran a compression test after 10 miles and all four cylinders are at about 240 psi. I am running jdm ITR pistons in it. Should the compression be higher? I am at a loss at how all this oil is getting into my engine. Pleeeeeaaaaase help me.

what head gasket did you use? what head bolts did you use? and 240 psi sounds about right seeing as how the ls blocks are low compression to start with and ITR pistons probably brought the compression somewhere around a b16 which is 10.2:1-10.4:1 depending on the year of the motor

BTW-you could use the "partlist" in the article of the month on the home page to see if you are using anything you shouldn't be using.

I am using the goldeneagle ls/vtec conversion kit and all the parts I have are compatable. The only thing I can figure is for some reason the compression rings on the pistons seated alright, but the oil rings are not seating at all. I am about to pull it back out of the car and pull it back apart now.

Back