LS-Vtec VS B20-Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hello guys i was just wondering what do you guys think would be a better motor for a 96 civic dx ..i want to hit the 12's with a budget of 5k all motor.. thank a lot
and i want it reliable too.. thanks a lot

Originally posted by greencivic@Jul 24 2003, 01:36 AM
Hello guys i was just wondering what do you guys think would be a better motor for a 96 civic dx ..i want to hit the 12's with a budget of 5k all motor.. thank a lot
and i want it reliable too.. thanks a lot

Hey guy, it takes a lot of work to hit 12's

Rather then worry about your 1/4 mile E.T. just build what you can with your budget, IMO I like 2.0 > 1.8 L.

h22a swap with basic bolt on's will run about 5k, and will put u in the mid 13's... do weight reduction, its free....really strip the car dwn, then ur running low 13's. perfect ur driving...mayb high 12's. that all depends on alot of factors though. just my 2 cents...!

wont happen. i run 14.3 in a sol (no weight reduction however) with a motor thats run me at least 6 g's maybe more

Weight reduction is key, there is a website online with a guy running 12's on a stock GSR motor, but the car is gutted. As in like 1700lbs and maybe less. 5K all motor to run 12's might be done. Fully gutted EG with stock R motor ran 12.4 on motor. But these are street cars. I ran a 13.3 with slicks with a stock longblock b16 in a decently gutted hatch. That cost me total after the car 6k in parts.

Milan

Back