LS/VTEC with b16 pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpoonTuNed

I am trying to figure out which rods to use with P30 pistons. Im pretty sure your supposed to use b16 rods but then again do those match to the LS crank? thanks.

you can't use b16, gsr or itr rods with your ls crank. Only ls or b20 rods because they are the correct length. I am pretty sure that your p30 pistons should go on the ls rods just fine. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Will the b16 pistons mount to the ls rods with out any mods?

Originally posted by SpoonTuNed@Jul 24 2005, 02:06 PM
[post=530449]Quoted post[/post]​

:yes: unless the are of the "R" variety....

P30 pistons should put you right around 11.4:1 if I remember corectly.

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jul 24 2005, 04:57 PM-->
SpoonTuNed
@Jul 24 2005, 02:06 PM

[post=530536]Quoted post[/post]​

Sweet, thanks for the info. I'm actually just gonna run a ls head on the b16 pistons, High compression LS with dual valve springs tit. retainers and some mild cams with a s4c tranny and lsd. Just curious what kind of damage itd do.

Originally posted by SpoonTuNed+Jul 24 2005, 08:45 PM-->
Originally posted by sohcslammer@Jul 24 2005, 04:57 PM
SpoonTuNed
@Jul 24 2005, 02:06 PM

[post=530536]Quoted post[/post]​

Sweet, thanks for the info. I'm actually just gonna run a ls head on the b16 pistons, High compression LS with dual valve springs tit. retainers and some mild cams with a s4c tranny and lsd. Just curious what kind of damage itd do.
[post=530548]Quoted post[/post]​

The B18b is a terribly over-looked motor. I have seen some very impressive #s on the non-vtec blocks. Compression is the key to squeezing hp out of those motors and it's looks like you are on the right track.

BTW - the 11.4:1 I mentioned was for a ls/vtec. in a b18b with a stock deck height usdm b16s would net you 10.8:1 while the jdm b16s or the p30s would net you a straight 11:1. Use this - Compression Calculator

Nice, thanks for all the info. Your right every ones always praising vtec but with the ls your pulling the whole time not just when vtec hits.

Originally posted by SpoonTuNed@Jul 25 2005, 12:15 PM
Nice, thanks for all the info. Your right every ones always praising vtec but with the ls your pulling the whole time not just when vtec hits.
[post=530826]Quoted post[/post]​

Not to mention there is one whole system you can eliminate as a potential problem from your "OMG SOMETHING IS NOT WORKING ON MY SWAP HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEBODY HELP!!!!1!!!!!!!1!" threads.

I KNOW!!! you dont know how many swaps i've done for my friends and they've tried to wire vtec and it wont work so they bitch and complain till i come over and fix it for them, or they dont me their cars not running so they cant drive it JUST because vtec wont hit....LAME!!!!

Back