LS/Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I hear about the LS/Vtec built properly. Is there a section in the forum that explains how to do it right?

This is what I have.

A B16 Vtec head

A B18 block

Hondata programable

Looking at B16 domed pistons.

going to do head work and cams

This would need to be as bullet proof as possible and we won't go past 8500 RPM.

How do we put it together with the oil taps and so on?
Thanks

I forgot to mention, the car is a 94 RS so the wires will have to be changed from what I hear. Is that true. Is there a wiring harness to this. I have the Vtec ecu.

We have a reasonable writeup in our FAQ on how to "do it right" and what is required (parts wise). You will be able to keep the current wiring harness and just add a couple of wires to it. With the Hondata you can use an ECU that does not look for a knock sensor. If you want a knock sensor you will have to start with an ECU that has one from the factory (the 94 GSR ECU for instance). You will have to add two wires that run from the passenger side of the engine to the ECU. One for the VTEC Oil Pressure sender and one for the VTEC switch. You can ground the VTEC solenoid to any available ground. Feel free to post any other specific questions you have about the build or the writeup.

Back