LS/VTECvs.F20B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22a4_eghatch

i plan on spending the money to get the motor,whichever it may be,done right the first time.the problem lies on chosing between the LS/VTEC and the F20B.i want to stay all-motor and have a reliable street car.i'm not sure whether i'm going to stroke the LS/VTEC,but regardless of the fact,i would like a nice setup.with the F20B,i was planning on adding some Jun High-Lift cams or Stage2R's, valvetrain,cam gears,PnP,and possibly an Accord Euro-R intake manifold with stock block.

as for the LS/VTEC,once again i'm not sure on stroking,but i plan on building the motor from the block on up......such as Wiseco pistons,IB spec rods,Toda spec C's,valvetrain,cam gears,PnP,Skunk2 intake manifold.....yaddah,yaddah,yaddah.

i've figured the LS/VTEC to end up way more costly than the F20B,but with the aftermarket products listed,which do you guys think will end up being better in the long run(give or take a few more aftermarket products)
thanks

isn't the f20b just a destroked h22? if so, toda doesn't make any valvetrain for it. i would not stroke an lsvtec anymore than what its stroke is now.

I think you should forget the idea of getting an f20b. You could get an h22 for less and it makes more torque. There really isn't any differance between the weight of the f20b and h22. If you go with the ls/vtec and really wanna make as much power as you can with it get a gsr head not a b16 head. The gsr head has smaller combustion chambers which mean higher compression. As everyone knows more compression means more power.

hmm, I would suggest a built lsvtec,,,,,,,if don't right with the proper internals will alst forever...

Also to the above statement, the difference between the GSR and B16 head is .2 compression, hardles something to go crazy about, now the question lies in which head is superioe and the answer is neither.

GSR heads will flow more cfm in the lower and midrange, the B16 or even ITR head outflows the GSR head on the top portion of the powerband.

if you want more compression, you get higher compression pistons just like if you want more fuel you get larger injectors.

Back