1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ls

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by projecthonda, Jan 3, 2003.

1. projecthonda

projecthonda Junior Member

hey guys i just bought my 99 LS motor with 44k on it and i wanna swap it into my 93 civic dx i know while the motor is out its easy to get to things like the timing belt and water pump and stuff but with the motor only having 44k miles should i even bother? i was just thinking of changing cap and rotor,spark plugs,spark plug wires, and ofcourse the oild and antifreeze, im goin to run a 55 shot of nitrous with the motor with simple bolt ons such as cai and a apex n1 exausht anyone suggest me change anything before the motor goes in im new to theese motor swaps so sorry if its a stupid question asking

2. SolReaver

SolReaver Senior Member

I recently did an almost identical swap. I would highly recommend doing the clutch at this point, maybe the water pump, definetly the timing belt. I would also do a basic tune up to make sure the engine is running perfect. You will also need to run a wire from the distributor to the tach so your tach works. Other than that- its a simple swap

3. projecthonda

projecthonda Junior Member

thanks man ya i totally forgot about the clutch if im goin to do nitrous what clutch do u recommend me buy??

4. SolReaver

SolReaver Senior Member

I have driven a car with the CM stage 3, and i liked it. Not really heavy pedal feel, and it should hold the power you plan on making.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted