LSV "puff of smoke" during startup/ idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RauL8604

I had a valve job done to my b16a head, brand new valve seals, perfect valve adjustment. When I start in mornings I get a little smoke. When I let it sit and idle for over 10 min, then rev it a bit, I get a few puffs of rather noticeable smoke. I would say it is more blue than white. What is bad?

blue = oil.

could be the rings on the pistons, or any other kind of blow by happening through the pcv/etc system.

when I did the LSV, I basically had absolutely no way to incorporate my PCV valve. On the b18b head it was plugged right in the top of the valve cover, and on the b16a it went down and into a black box on the back of the block. Would no PCV have anything to do with it?

Last edited:
I've been doing some research on the catch can. In theory, couldn't I just put a barb on the back of the block where the knock sensor would normally go (drill it through), run a hose from there into a fuel filter, into my intake manifold, servicing the filter every couple thousand miles? I don't need my knock sensor, I am running Hondata S300.

I am going to run a trial period with the filter setup. If I notice less exhaust smoke, the catch can will be ordered and installed asap. Thanks B for your tips and knowledge!

Back