LSVTEC Any Ideas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

armluv

b18a1 LSVTEC build Any Ideas?

This is the first thread i have started so if its wrong please advise so i can fix later ones.

I am building an ls vtec and not on a nickel and dime budget either.

This is what I have.
1. B18a1 block with darton mid 84mm sleeves
2. balanced rotating assembly with micropolished stock crank
3. acl full race (main and rod) bearings and t washers
4. eagle h-beam rods
5. wisco pistons 9.5:1 with file fit rings
6. stage IV ported and polished head with aftermarket valves stock sized (315
cfm on flowbench)
7. crowler cams (in. 311d/.467 ex. 308d/.467)
8. custom dual valve springs with ti retainers crowler steel keepers,

Things I Plan to get soon.
1. Cometic ls/vtec head gasket
2. Valve cover with gear cover cut for adjustments.
3. parts to plumb oil to vtec from oil pressure sending unit
4. msd dizzy/controller
5. apocalypse oil pump/ water pump
6. timing belt and gears
7. T67 or T68 turbo will custom make header/downpipe and intercooler to match
8. AEM standalone EMS with wideband UEGO

I am doing most everything myself. I have built many motors but never anything imported. mostly chevy v-8 pushing close to 1000hp but i bought a civic and love the way it drives. so now i am looking at trying to achive 500-700 hp from a four cylinder and spending the money to keep it reliable. what i am looking for is suggestions, ideas , or comments about known issues with things i am planning on getting or if i am missing something that i will need. please let me hear them except for the your a noob I ALREADY KNOW THAT!!

Thanks in advance for all.

Last edited:
700hp isn't going to be reliable. with that many moving parts and that much power, i hope you intend on making it a track only car. you really wont like how the much power takes away the driveability of it.

make sure you check out some custom made axles. what do you have in mind for lsd and clutch?

i forgot about that. i do have a gsr 5 speed and jdm type r ek9 5 lug hubs but do not have any idea what i need to do to it to make it hold together. for the most part i think i will get a quaffe lsd and 1000hp custom axles. Also fuel injectors in the 1000cc range with warlboro electric pump.

thanks cavin

Last edited:
thanks cavin
hahaha, that's calvin. with an "l". but i'm not calvin, i'm nick. the quote is from the old comic "calvin and hobbes".

Snow%20Sharks%20Cartoon.jpg

cams are stage IV turbo cams custom made. clearances on acl bearings are in perfect spec for turbo application and some nitrous although i do not plan on using nitrous at this point in time. the goal for the project is track/show so i believe i am on the right path. as far as driving a civic with that much hp the closest thing was a crx with 300whp but have driven a couple import cars with a little more. appreciate the info blanco.

what i am really looking for is if anyone knows of any common problems with running the setup that i have listed. thankyou all.

Back