Lsvtec Headgasket, 82mm Or 85mm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i heard that if i do the pistons hit the valves and it messes up the headgasket constantly, the head gasket i was gonna get is made for ls/vtec by mr gasket...no good?

I couldn't tell you about the Mr Gasket product. If you use VTEC pistons of aftermarket pistons made for this build you won't have any interferance problems with the valves. I am using the OEM gasket.

i also use the oem gasket.
my friend has an lsvtec with a stock LS block (whack huh?) and he has no issues with piston to valve clearance.

And if you don't play with cam gears and you stay with GSR or B16 cams you won't see any interference. If you move up to R cams then you probably will (still no garauntees though).

Hey Pills, how does your friends stock block ls/vtec make out? What exatly does he have as far as parts and services go done to the motor?

Also can you tell me how I should go about building my ls/vtec, seeing that Im not lookin to make it exstravagantly built up just looking for a daily driver....parts and services which I should get done and which need to be done...... Thanks Mark

A bare minimum for your bottom end IMO would be VTEC oil pump, ARP rod bolts (evidently Summit is wrong and you need the 8mm not the 9mm) VTEC pistons (anything from a B16 will fit with no rod modifications, ITR/GSR will fit after you shave your rods). With that you should be okay. Of course that list includes everything you need to do when changing pistons. If your bearings are worn, the build is a good time to change them while you have everything out.

Back