lsvtec ls timing belt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtecguy

Now, I know the rulez are vtec to vtec, and non vtec to non vtec, but I am running an sir 2 b-16 oil pump, with the stock 95 ls oil pump gear, along with the ls water pump, because well I am a baller on a budget. but I know I should at least replace the oil pump. but with the ls water pump, and ls oil pump gear I am running the Ls timing belt, so far the the motor has been great no problems whatso ever. but I saw a forum on here that said you couldn't run an Ls timing belt or else the motor would be toast, and well I am just curious if anybody else is running an LS timing belt on their LS vtecs. and the motor is a pretty simple ls vtec.

b16 sir 1 head:
just ITR valvetrain, port and polish, and port matched to a ported and polish ITR intake manifold and throttle body.
95 B18b block
Balanced, GSR rods, ITR pistons, all new bearings and washers. all fasterners are ARP
for a sorta fuel management, I am running a apexi vfac to lean out the beginning of my ECUs fuel curve ( really rich), ECU mugen 13.1 compression ratio. 4400 vtec, 10000 rev limit, ecu. with walbro 190 fuel pump sx fuel pressure regulator, str fuel rail, with RC 310 injectors,

The oil pump is not driven off of the timing belt so it will not affect your timing at all. If you match the LS timing belt with the LS water pump you will be fine.

Back