1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lsvtec no more.

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by LsvtecEg6, Aug 2, 2007.

1. LsvtecEg6

LsvtecEg6 New Member

unfortunately, lsvtec is no longer going to happen for me. After reading and reading about these things, I'm not sure I'm ready for the challenge. I want to build something reliable and I don't think I can do that. I currently have a b16a3 in my car. I still would love to build the gsr head that I have. My question is. Is a gsr head going to be better or worse on a b16 block. The b16 block will be sleeved at 84mm. Really my wuestion is. Should I build my b16 head or the Gsr head? This is an All motor build by the way.

2. N/A b18c1

N/A b18c1 Mysterious

ill stick to b16 if your going n/a....otherwise the b16 block and the b18 head (ls vtec) It really is made for drag racing....my brother spent about 8 grand buying parts and tuning his ls vtec...at the end he regretted it and should of gotten a k series engine...as for a fact the oil pump always goes out....the car basicly sits...til he tows it to the drag strips....

Up to you really...

3. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

You are an idiot.

First of all, if he's going all motor, he'll be better with the GSR head. They both flow about the same stock, but the GSR head will give him slightly more compression than the B16 head, thus yielding more power. It has been dynoed and proven, if you search on here, that a GSR head WILL make more power than a B16 head.

Secondly, a B16 block with a B18 head is NOT an LS/VTEC. An LS/VTEC is an LS (B18A or B18B) block with a VTEC (B16, B17, or B18C) head.

Third, LS/VTEC's are NOT 'made for drag racing'....I can't fathom where you'd even come up with that notion.

Fourth, this oil pump problem you speak of...more info on this? I've built several LS/B20VTEC's and have never had any problems with the oil pumps. Maybe you'd care to elaborate?

And lastly, your buddy spent 8 grand on an LS/VTEC? Sounds like somebody got fucked...or maybe just paid a shop way too much because they couldn't do it themselves.

4. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

I'll supply the fire extingushier for this post

5. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

nope. fixed it. damn work computers suck. govt contracts go to the lowest bidder and it shows with these computers.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted