Lsvtec Or Crvtec Project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rsaeini

i've been looking for a block to start my project. I still haven't decided if I'm going to go CRVtec or LSVtec so my question is what block would you guys go with for each project?
which B20 would you consider?
which B18?

what are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

B18 Resleeved, don't spend more on a B20 the shit is the same from the factory except the B20 has 84mm sleeves. Resleeving only costs 500 and then your set to go.

Milan

i got quoted $913 to sleeve it out to 84.5mm by RS Machines out here in Torrance, CA

good price....

but i don't believe in anything over 84mm. the head jsut gets all wierd.... i dunno

B, you're saying $913 is a good price? I think it's tad bit too much when Milan is saying it should only be about $500.
If it doesn't matter which block i use then i'll just get the cheapest B18 that's in the best shape. I found a few B18A shorblocks for hella cheap prices, i might jump on one of those.

I think because of the price to sleeve it out to like 84mm i'm going to pass on it, i'll just do a .25mm overbore and slap some oversized CTR pistons in there.
with the CTR pistons i'll be running a little higher compression, right? are we talking 11's or are we talking about 12's. cuz i want to be able to drive this thing around on pump gas without any problems. any suggestions. Pills, I know you're using the oversized pr3 pistons, what kind of compression are you running and how does it run on pump gas?

NOTE: the CRVtec is officially out the door, the doors are wide open for LSVtec.

according to the cspeed compression calculator i run 12.3:1 and i run fine on 93 octane pump gas. i have the head milled 20 thousandths.
the ignition map is 1 degree more advanced than a stock gsr and the ignition timing is set at 16 degrees

Don;t foget the .2L displacement between the B18 and the B20 blocks. You could still bore the B20 out to a 2.2L the B18 can be bored out to a 2.0L( safely)! If ou are on a budget go for the B18. Of you got dough running out your poors then hit up a B20! Yes B is right to get all of that work done... $900+ is a descent deal.

Originally posted by knowledge@Jun 5 2003, 05:50 AM
You could still bore the B20 out to a 2.2L...

holy god no! the walls would seriously be paper thin... even if it is sleeved.

Are you sure about that? I have heard of a couple people boreing thier B20's out to 2.2L! Maybe that last beer is kicking in, but I am about 98% sure of it.

Originally posted by knowledge@Jun 5 2003, 06:50 AM
Don;t foget the .2L displacement between the B18 and the B20 blocks. You could still bore the B20 out to a 2.2L the B18 can be bored out to a 2.0L( safely)! If ou are on a budget go for the B18. Of you got dough running out your poors then hit up a B20! Yes B is right to get all of that work done... $900+ is a descent deal.

you cant just simply bore it out to 2.2L, i dont think you will even have cylinder walls after that; ive calculated a bore of about 88.7mm would be needed for the b20 to hit 2.2L. the people that got 2.2L from b20 most likely used a stroker kit.

Back