lsvtec problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

acura1

love my DA
ok here is the deal i have a 1990 da integra with a b20 b block b16a head and running obdo everything went smooth except when i go to start my car its seems like its getting to much fuel and wont stay ideling so i have to rev to 2 grand for about a 30 seconds for it to clear up then it runs fine does anyone know what the deal is, im running b18 injectors could that be the problem

ok here is the deal i have a 1990 da integra with a b20 b block b16a head and running obdo everything went smooth except when i go to start my car its seems like its getting to much fuel and wont stay ideling so i have to rev to 2 grand for about a 30 seconds for it to clear up then it runs fine does anyone know what the deal is, im running b18 injectors could that be the problem

no have what kind of fuel pressure regulator do you have that could be your problem

If your using a stock b16a head than the oem FPR from the b16a is used, not the b20 being your only using the b20 short block assembly.

Does this problem only happen when the engine is cold, or will it happen even when the engine is hot and you start it?

it happens when its cold or warm i just got it back today and the guy who did the work said he wasnt sure what was causing it

Sounds to me, either oil pressure is being restricted, or there is an issue with the fuel system.

Well, I would need to "see" the car in person to find the problem exactly, but as far as online I can only give you suggestions from what you are the symptoms.

Do you know if anything was modified on the block before it was all put together? What year block is it? Was there ever an oil pump done? What ecu are you running? Is it chipped? Which injectors?

i used the adapter sleave for the oil filter to run my oil line to the head, im running stock b18 injectors,the block is a 1997,and the ecu is first gen sir and not sure about the oil pump im guessing no

To be perfectly honest with you, I would need to see the car in person and run certain tests to determine your problem. Your best bet is to take it to another mechanic and have him diagnose your problem/s.

Back