Lsvtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Between $600-$6000.Depends on how much the head cost,the machine work,the extra parts,etc...

i paid 250 for an entire LS engine
100 for .25 over pr3 pistons
20 to press the rods onto the pistons
not sure how much i paid to get it bored.. i think my dad put that on his machine shop tab for me .... THANKS DAD! :)

210 for arp rod bolts and head studs and the LSVTEC oil feed line from Cory Thompson Racing

the only other costs will be the LS timing belt.

If you have hookups like pills you can build one for dirt cheap. If, on the other hand, you don't (like me) it will cost a lot more. My first build was $2200. $650 for a B16A long block no distro. Then the rest towards various other parts and machine shop charges. You could do it for a little less because that included things like ITR cams which are not necessary, but cool. I bet you could do it for around $1800 with no hookups. (Assuming you didn't have to buy the LS bottom end)

it would cost u cheaper if you no some one that would do it for u, and that would hook u up wit parts cuz my sis bf did his lsvtec for only $1000, and yes it is done correct because nothing have gone wrong yet for around a good 3 to 4 month or so, it have no kind of problem. but if u buy parts seperately it would cost u alot in the long run, so try n ask around for the complete swap. it may be cheaper.

Originally posted by weak_sauce@May 4 2003, 08:19 PM
it would cost u cheaper if you no some one that would do it for u, and that would hook u up wit parts cuz my sis bf did his lsvtec for only $1000, and yes it is done correct because nothing have gone wrong yet for around a good 3 to 4 month or so, it have no kind of problem. but if u buy parts seperately it would cost u alot in the long run, so try n ask around for the complete swap. it may be cheaper.

Can you try and speak english? All we have is your word that it was built properly. Without any parts list we have no idea what properly means to you.

anyone know what year gsr head i should use to put on a 90' ls block?

Any year GSR head will work, you will need an OBD0 distributor from a B16 and OBD0 injectors.

an older generation ls/vtec can be had pretty cheaply. To do it to the newer generation is quite a bit more expensive. Don't get confused when one person tells you 1.5k, and other tells you 6k. It depends what generation integra the parts are coming from.

IMHO, ls/vtec isn't worth the money.

Then you have never driven an Integra LS. It is well worth it in that chassis be cause you start with most of the parts.

Do you have any proof to back up your statement of cost differences between generations?

Out of curiosity, how many LSVTECs have you built? How many comparisons have you done between building and LSVTEC in a Integra vs swapping a B18C?

Back