Lsvtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i wqnt to do a lsvtec setup in my integ. my machanic is charging me 450 to just build the motor since i can put it in. is that too much money and around how much should it be to do it? this is just to do what ever needed to be done to the block so that the head can go on and the motor will work.

good lookin!

Well, around here (Washington) it runs ~450 or less to get an entire swap done, so to me that seems a little high. All he has to do is tap for the oil lines, run a few wires, replace the ecu and such, but that's not too hard... I think you should be able to talk him down. Now mind you I've never done an lsvtec, so maybe that's the going price for it, but it just seems high to me.

It depends on what your mechanic is doing. If he is charging you $450 jsut to swap heads, run wires, and run an oil line you are being ripped off. The are several things that you should do while you are swapping the head. Look in out FAQ for a comprehensive list.

that is too much for just puting it together. you said your putting the motor in yourself, if you can install a motor you can built the lsvtec your for sure. get a back issue of honda tuner that has the step by step to it.

Back