1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

main and rod bearings

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Tenzodelsol, May 12, 2004.

1. Tenzodelsol

Tenzodelsol Member

I am replacing the main and rod bearings in my fiancees zc but the question I had is is there anything special I need to do with them or can I just slap em in and reassemble the motor

thanks guys

2. 88bluehf

88bluehf Senior Member

what kind of bearing's are you buying?? do not! i repeat do not use auto parts store bearings they are junk!!! they are not balanced for your motor. check the back of your block and it has numbers and letters for the mains. rod bearing are on the crank. a haynes manual will tell you this.just buy one for a 92-95..im sure the 88-91 have this as well.the codes are standard for all honda motors.once youve decoded this go to the honda parts store and order those color bearings. be sure to place them in the appropriate spots, be liberal with the assembly lube, keep up with the orientation of rod caps and the placement of pistons...while your at replace your rings as well.

3. 88bluehf

88bluehf Senior Member

replace thrust washers too

4. 88bluehf

88bluehf Senior Member

be sure while you have that motor tore down to replace your rear main, front oil pump seal, water pump, timing belt, head gasket ...youll thank yourself later

5. 88bluehf

88bluehf Senior Member

do you know your tightening sequences and torque settings?

6. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

holy 4 posts!! there is an edit button lol :)

7. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

If you got aftermarket bearings and they are ACLs you will be fine as they make some damn good bearings. You want to plastiguage all of them and make sure that they all are to spec. You can get plastiguage at any auto-parts store.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted