Main Relay Assembly

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
has anybody with an accord between 90-97 ever had problems with their car not starting during hot days. i know this might sound wierd but my when its hot out my car wont start...normally when i turn the car on Accessory, the CEL will come on for about 3 seconds and you will usually hear the fuel pump come on as well for 3 seconds. Now, my CEL is comming on but im not hearing shit and the car will kick over but it wont start. I called honda and they told me it was the main relay under the dash...it controlls the fuel pump and injectors so i was told that might be the problem. has anyone ever run into this problem ??? :blink:

This is a chronic problem with hondas from the late 80s through the 90s. Do a search this topic was just covered, and in that thread there was a good link with a supposed fix to this problem. I am debating trying this when I get some free time.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Oct 8 2004, 12:31 AM
you resolder all the connects that are bunk

it ain't rocket science
[post=399908]Quoted post[/post]​

easy for you to say becasue you probably done it a bunch of times!!!

If you know how to solder, you can do it. New main relays aren't TOO expensive either- head to Van's and pick one up. If you want to make sure it's dead before buying a new one, just take the cover off and look for cracked or corroded solder joints. Use a multimeter to test the relay using the method outlined in your service manual.

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 8 2004, 10:48 PM
If you know how to solder, you can do it. New main relays aren't TOO expensive either- head to Van's and pick one up. If you want to make sure it's dead before buying a new one, just take the cover off and look for cracked or corroded solder joints. Use a multimeter to test the relay using the method outlined in your service manual.
[post=400346]Quoted post[/post]​

aight well i have a multimeter and i have a haynes manual but the manual dosent say dick about the main relay whatsoever..as a matter of fact it dosent even mention it in the entire book at all. i took the cover off the main relay and i dont realy see any cracks at all although the soldering is a little brown as if its been through some use!!

Back