maintenance required???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

1badteg

i started my 96 gs teg up today and the maintenance required indicator light flashed 10 times. it only happens right when i start it up then it goes away. I figured it was time for a service but nothings acting up. it has 165000 on the engine. anyone know what might be wrong? runs strong....im confused. thanks in advance

Last edited:
it just means take it to the dealer so they can shut off the light.. i dont remember, but there is a way to reset it.. i'm sure someone here knows.. i need to reset my GFs

just means it needs an oil change. flip the key to ON and press the button under the dash for 10 (i think seconds) take the key out and then put it back in. light should be gone. my ex had a teg and i know it had something to do with that button under the dash. i tried so many things to get it off, and i think thats the last thing i did. i know it doesnt need a dealer to turn it off.

i just changed the oil about 1k miles ago. thats weird. but thanks a lot im going to try it now.

i understand, but the computer doesnt know you changed the oil until you tell it you did. that light is just there to remind you to do it. its on a timer that is run off your odometer

eh reikoshea, wheres that button that you speak of.. i went and looked under the dash but could find anything.. is it on the driver side or passenger.. the only button i found was to reset the alarm..

drivers side. its right under the steering column if memory serves. notice i said ex. havent seen her or her integra in quite some time.

Right under the dash just to the right of the column. You can reach it while sitting in the seat, just reach down and feel under the dash for a box. The button is a small square that faces straight down.

the maintenance light is juss a timed reminder so it doesn't mean ur car has a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back