major loss of power after 5k b16a1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ef8b16a1

i had to make a new name because i forgot my username and password.

im still trouble shooting my 91 dx crx that i did a b16a1 swap years ago. its sad but i just cant find the bug.

i tore the motor down putting rings, guides, and every seal possible. the motor mechanically is set!!!

the problem is that when you rev the car past 5000 rpms it losses all power and kinda misses out the exhaust like a starving problem or a cam timing problem. this is what ive done to try to fix it:

new: distributor, plugs, wires, 190 lph fuel pump, swaped ecus its for sure a manual, t-belt, w-pump, oil pump, motion loss assemblies, b-crower valve springs. valve seals, head gasket.02 sensors- right position, hasport made the harness .. you name it i replaced it

checked/ t-pinned- i used a graphing multi meter to check: tps, map, o2, ect, injector resistor box 7ohms, injectors p&h 2.2ohms. fuel volume in spec ample, gapped plugs, ran colder plugs.

what else should i check? im missing something i have to clue what to do from here put another swap all over from scratch.

a/f sits between last led of stoich and rich i dont think its fuel, i even swaped my 320cc injectors in and played with fuel pressure... so im down to cam timing again or something else i havnt checked cranking compression 170ish all 4 leack down less than 5%

what to do what to do??? im all ears i have no clue :(

motors relitivly stock, cai, header, valves springs ive got more to do but need to get it rapping out 8 g's before i go forward. how depressing siigh

no codes... kinda a stumper huh? ive ran out of ideas might yank the motor out and ohms all the wire from the ecu clips to the sensor clips. im out of ideas

like-wise but ive had that belt on and off 4 times so far this year, i got the w-pump and belt from honda for a 94 delsol. im gonna have someone else take a look. an extra set of eyes might find something

Back