1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making it street legal

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 90htchbck, May 1, 2007.

1. 90htchbck

90htchbck New Member

yeah, i have a 94 civic and am thinking about throwing in a swap, i was thinking of H22A, B18B, or B16, can i BAR those engines??? i want it street legal and be able to BAR it, what engines could i swap in that would be legal??? the city i live in is cracking down on street racing and i really don't want to hassle with swaping out engines every time they pop the hood

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

b16 can be BAR'd very easily.. you just need the USDM p30 intake manifold and the USDM p30 ecu.. .. all smog equipment needs to be hooked up like the del sol vtec and it needs to pass smog

3. 90htchbck

90htchbck New Member

how about the LS or H22A swaps???

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

yes.. the only one that is a bitch is a k20 because you need the RSX fuel tank also i think

5. 90htchbck

90htchbck New Member

so you can BAR an B18B motor or H22A??? some guy had told me that you could only BAR and engine that originally came on that chassis...so for the 94 eg i would think...only B16 right??? or is he wrong??? cause some people say "only motors from same chassis" and some say that anything can be BAR'd except B20

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted