manual swap done..now engine light on..??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

csole

I have a 98 ex (sohc d16y8 motor) did an auto to manual conversion using a d16z6 tranny... so im still running on the auto ecu so of course its gonna throw a code...however I took it back to the shop to swap the ecu to a manual ecu from a 98 ex in hoping the engine light will turn off but it made matters worse..as soon as the ecu's were swapped the car started idling really high & then engine light went back on..they tried using other ecu's (b16, del sol) & was still doin the same..sometimes it idles high then drops low then back to high over & over again...seems like when they used the original ecu (auto) it idles perfectly fine..can it be just a wiring problem?...I assumed once u swapped ecu's everything should be fine...i dunno what the problem is..any ideas??

thanks!

Last edited:
Did you do it yourself or did the shop do it, if the shop did it how much did they charge you? Sorry I can't really help you man, free bump.

make the shop fix it.. it could be alot of things from what ecus they use to vacume lines... i could help more if i could see it

Back