1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

manual swap done..now engine light on..??

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by csole, Sep 4, 2006.

1. csole

csole New Member

I have a 98 ex (sohc d16y8 motor) did an auto to manual conversion using a d16z6 tranny... so im still running on the auto ecu so of course its gonna throw a code...however I took it back to the shop to swap the ecu to a manual ecu from a 98 ex in hoping the engine light will turn off but it made matters worse..as soon as the ecu's were swapped the car started idling really high & then engine light went back on..they tried using other ecu's (b16, del sol) & was still doin the same..sometimes it idles high then drops low then back to high over & over again...seems like when they used the original ecu (auto) it idles perfectly fine..can it be just a wiring problem?...I assumed once u swapped ecu's everything should be fine...i dunno what the problem is..any ideas??

thanks!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  2. Boondock Saint DX

Boondock Saint DX Senior Member

Did you do it yourself or did the shop do it, if the shop did it how much did they charge you? Sorry I can't really help you man, free bump.

3. 93delsolsi

93delsolsi Junior Member

do you have th ivac for the manual motor

4. tunedhonda-ata

tunedhonda-ata im turbo bitch!!!!

make the shop fix it.. it could be alot of things from what ecus they use to vacume lines... i could help more if i could see it

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted