manual valve body for imports?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hellbert

do they make a manual valve body for auto trannies so i can shift my own gears? i want something like an art carr (www.artcarr.com) shifter for my B18 (if anyone knows what that is...). if anyone knows where i can get one or has even heard of them let me know. thanks a lot, later

Cause the nice thing about a manual valve body B is that you can leave it in third or OD and the tranny will shift on it own, or you can manually shift the vehicle like a standard without the clutch.

yeah but for drag racing, nothing shifts faster than an automatic with a shift kit.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 27 2004, 09:12 AM
why dont you just do a manual conversion? auto trannies suck
[post=382604]Quoted post[/post]​

ya know...if i had 750 bucks...then i would...so why not make my auto shift faster, let my clutch engage faster leading to faster ETs and lots of losing cars!

with a manual valve body the tranny wont shift if you put it in drive...with a manual valve body you hav to shift every gear manually

where can i get a shift kit for my tranny? thanks a lot

you all misunderstood him

honda automatic trannys SUCK

they're notoriously weak- if you're going to put a reasonable amount of power through that slushbox you should think about sending it to level 10 first

or else learn how to drive a manual transmission

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Aug 27 2004, 06:10 PM

they're notoriously weak- if you're going to put a reasonable amount of power through that slushbox you should think about sending it to level 10 first

[post=382844]Quoted post[/post]​

i can drive a manual...my ranger is a 5 speed the jeep is a 5 speed my bro had a supera i used to drive all the time so, i know how to drive a manual car.

the motor is going to remain stock for now except for external parts (cam gears, pullies, some electronic stuff etc.) so im not too woried about having to much power for the tranny. eventually the motor is comming back out its getting turboed, type r tranny, pistons, rods... basicly, the works.

what is this level 10 you said something about?

Originally posted by rtpassini@Aug 27 2004, 11:36 PM
a hardcore place that makes your flacid tranny into a ron jeremy machine
[post=382954]Quoted post[/post]​

lmfao!!!! That guy is so ugly, but he doesn't do trannies. :p

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Aug 27 2004, 07:10 PM

[post=382844]Quoted post[/post]​

and on top of that, the gearing for them is worse then horrible. I could see if your talking about the autotrannies for a Grand National, but for honda's, its pointless. If your not looking to spend a ton of money, go and sell your car, and buy a manual honda or what ever other kind of car you want. It will probally be the exact same price, and you'll be much happier in the long run.

i would but ive already done so much to this car im not selling it for a long time...ive done a full harness, interior dash and all, custom wide body, front end conversion and tail light conversion. i think im just gonna rock it like it is then later do a manual swap. thanks for the help tho guys, later

Back