MAP sensor reading for JRSC and other Uberdata questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
I'm going to be doing Uberdata tuning myself since there is no shop within a days drive here in MT that knows how to tune Uberdate.
So in my research, I've found how to tune and what I need.
One thing I was told on the Uberdata forums is that I need to make my MAP sensor see boost. Right now it's on the throttle body and obviously won't see boost there. So I was recommended to tap into a vacuum line from the intake manifold.

Now some pictures....

This is my MAP sensor

Image014.jpg

This is the little fitting that goes into the throttle body.

Image015.jpg

This is a vacuum line currently used by the FPR. You can see the other vacuum line from the manifold that feeds the FMU and my boost guage.

Image017.jpg

So can I put a T into this vacuum line and feed the map sensor too as shown below? The fitting is perfect, fits just as tight as the fitting for the FPR and FMU. Then would I just block off the old place for the MAP sensor?
Also, will Uberdata take care of the CEL since the MAP will be seeing boost now?

Image018.jpg

This setup was just mocked up for pictures, it's running stock right now.

Also wondering about injectors. I picked up some blue top DSM 450's along with a resistor box. Would it just be easier to solder the resistors instead of splicing into the resistor box? Also, will the Honda bushings/o rings that hold the injector into the manifold fit the DSM injectors? Or do I need the DSM rings and bore them out?

Just trying to get some info in preparation to ordering everything else I need (chipped p28, wideband, etc).

you can read mani. pressure from anywhere in the mani, as long as its after the throttle plate! use a GM 3 BAR i used to work for chevy so i got like 8 of them!

Also wondering about injectors. I picked up some blue top DSM 450's along with a resistor box. Would it just be easier to solder the resistors instead of splicing into the resistor box? Also, will the Honda bushings/o rings that hold the injector into the manifold fit the DSM injectors? Or do I need the DSM rings and bore them out?

OK, i'm a retard, didn;t notice it said JRSC and not turbo...
disregard my map sensor nonsense

ok, first off, i did not know you can;t use the stock map sensor placement, i was under the impression that you can read boost from anywhere from the compressor housing to the manifold, most stock cars run the wastegate actuator from the compressor side anyway right?

the injectors, go to homemadeturbo.com and look for the write up, its very good, and very informative

you need integra lower seals, slightly bored to fit the dsm's
if your car has no resistor box then you will nee to add one or solder in
i would prob solder them in myself as i hate wiring, but it might be easier to just wire in the resistor box...

myself? i am going with saturated aftermarket injectors...
you never know how good the injectors are if they are used, so you might be running way too lean or way too rich on one cylinder and without four o2's you would never know...
now would you be able to alter each injector with uberdatat

rc's are only 250-275 for plug and play saturated flow tested to within 1% of each other
and tuner toys or xenocron has saturated for 199, also said to be flow tested to 1% of each other...

So those plugs, being new, wouldn't need inline resistors since they're not peak and hold like my dsms? Just purely plug and play?

Got any direct links?

Sorry I didn't see your reply until now.

You shouldn't have to do any kind of modification to your MAP sensor JRSC or turbo. What people meant was with Uberdata you cannot use check valves or a missing link to bleed pressure from the MAP sensor. Bleeding pressure from the MAP with check valves causes it to "not see" any boost pressure. These types of setups are usually used with FMU setups, but with standalones, and chipped ECU setups such as Hondata, Crome and Uberdata you do not use check valves with the MAP sensor.

???

Uberdate depends on the MAP sensor to tell how much boost is present and adjust fuel accordingly. The MAP sensor HAS TO see boost for Uberdata to work, according to Uberdata forums.

So those plugs, being new, wouldn't need inline resistors since they're not peak and hold like my dsms? Just purely plug and play?

Got any direct links?

Sorry I didn't see your reply until now.

http://xenocron.com/products.php?page=injectors
he only has 450cc saturated listed but might be able to get higher rated ones upon request...
he's real cool, just email him...

tunertoys.com
their site is being upgraded so no injectors listed
or check ebay.com

You shouldn't have to do any kind of modification to your MAP sensor JRSC or turbo. What people meant was with Uberdata you cannot use check valves or a missing link to bleed pressure from the MAP sensor. Bleeding pressure from the MAP with check valves causes it to "not see" any boost pressure. These types of setups are usually used with FMU setups, but with standalones, and chipped ECU setups such as Hondata, Crome and Uberdata you do not use check valves with the MAP sensor.
:orly:

Back