matching shocks and springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luVTEC

I've been searching for new shocks and springs, some manufactures make only one or the other for my 88 crx. How do you match shocks and springs from different manufacturers?

hardly anyone uses the same thing for both. spring comanies don't make shocks, and vice versa.

matching is easy.

what are you looking for?

Here is a suggestion that I feel works well. AGX adjustables Now they make them for the front but not the back on a 88. Not a problem if you switch the rear arms from the 88 to that of a 90-91. You can use Crx or Civic. You can get them from a junkyard or the dealership. The rear arm I am talking of is the one that the shock attaches to on the bottom. That way you can order front and back AGX adjustables. You want those for a 88 up front and a 90 in the back. Then use a set of S tech or neu speed springs. Use a highend spring company or you will be sorry shitty ride and a short life. I did this conversion on my 88 sedan it works great. I bought the rear arms new from the factory in order to get nice new bushings. Good luck

Oh The tokico work very well too. Use the White if you want adj. or the blues if you just want a 1 inch drop and a good ride. Order those for a 90-91 civic once you have the rear arms.

thanks for the info,

I was thinking of using Tokico blues (not sure what springs to match) since they seem to be a good price and I'm not looking to do any serious roadracing, just want to improve the handling of a daily driver, but I'll look into the AGX adj's too.

Thanks for the help,

I've ordered Tokico HP's and Progress springs (for B-series swap, since I plan to swap a B18a in the fall). Should be a great improvement over stock. :)

Back