max hp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josh_f22

does anyone know what the max hp the rods in a stock f22a1 can hold before breaking? or the max hp before doing any damage to the engine?

EDIT: i have 220,xxx on it and im running 55shot of nitrous and run fine but i want to know how much more it can take before it pops. im swaping for an f22b1 vtec head and h23 i/m in a few weeks and then going to the drags and want to know how much is the max

Last edited:
the block is pretty damn strong. the rods will take 250 safe and 300 max. Pistons on the other hand is your weakest link . Damn ring lands will cause you to see a machine shop if they go . Since your f series and have cast iron sleeves. I would throw some forged pistons in there to be on the safe side.

Theres rumors with f22 stock motor boosted to 350whp. I dont believe it . Cuz I broke mine with 250 hp

Also alot of it depends on the milage. The person driving the car, whether you dog it everyday or baby it. The best thing to do is build it to make sure it will hold what your looking to run .

im having a hard time finding pistons and rods u know any place to go? i found all my top end shit but cant seem to find bottom end

YEAH , Carillo is the only person that makes Rods for the F-series. there 800 bux. good to 900hp . Weisco makes pistons for your block . The major down fall to building the F22 . No one makes parts for it , And if they do , There over priced. Check out F22parts.com They make stuff. But never used them before.

i guy intown that has an f22b1 head and h23 intake im getting that and my head shit i just go to tas or horse power freaks

plan on spending 1000 or more to rebuilt that head. I have priced the shit , and its expensive , But if all your running only nitrous , theres no reason to replace the valves or springs , Maybe the cam would benefit. I wouldnt waste the money . thats if evverything is in order.

You been dyno tuned. If not , then I would say if your going with a higher hp . Then you need a good tune , Bad tune and high hp boost= blown f22

Back