Maxium water temp before running hot???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Samuels

I have a 1st gen swap in my hatch and the radiater was leaking. The guy who had it before me had a automatic radiater with a transmission cooler hooked up to a factory wire.

I bought a new 5 speed 90 si radiater that should be fine on a b16 right?

Anyway after installing the new radiater the problem is my aftermarket water temp guage is pegging out at 250 degrees. But the cars temp guage factory is staying normal and the car is'nt showing signs of overheating. How hot does the car have to get before it runs hot with steam?

Also the radiater fan seemed like it was'nt working so I hooked 2 wires to it and ran it constant to the battery just to see if it worked or would cool my water temp guage down but it did'nt cool it at all. If its cold out will the fan still kick on?

The old radiater was leaking around the automatic cooler fan and the drain plug. The cars heat does'nt work and for some reason I think its all connected but maybe not.

Any ideas??

The is no water or coolant in my oil or vise versa.

As far as the fan switch, just hook up a manual toggle switch inside so you can turn in on when you are going around town, then shut it off when you are on the highway.

Back