May buy this car.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

The guy is local and a lot of my friends know him. He's selling it for 17500 but he's in a jam and needs to get rid of it this week. I'll probably try to work a deal with him. Anyway, what do you guys think?

WRX

he says he'll do 17500. what should i offer him. the miles are up there, but I don't know what to offer. would 15500 be too low?

that wagon is teh hot.
The only wagon I would ever buy.
THe tranny has new gear sets.
If it's well-maintained like he says might be worth it with all the upgrades. It probably has been raced, but if you don't care and the engine runs fine , then get it.

The wagon is ideal for having 2 1/2 yo. twins. This way I won't have to dump a lot of extra money into the car. I'll offer him 16000 and see where that goes.

looks like he's got a lot of aftermarket money invested in it

A LOT

damn lotta parts and upgrades

nice looking, kinda, i guess...

I'd be bery careful if you're gonna buy that car. It's a heavily modded car, which probably means an abused car (slight to severe). True, it's got the RA gearset which is quite strong, but that's still alot of cash for that many miles on a stock-internals engine.

Also, the RA gearset has VERY short ratios. Expect to be at around 4500 rpm while cruising on the highway.

But, that car looks damn quick. Don't buy it without test driving it. Let us know how it goes.

Its raining so it should be a fun test drive. We're meeting up tonight and I'm bringing money so if I like it, I'll drive it home.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Oct 14 2004, 10:51 PM
did he ever post pics of his ferrari?
[post=402795]Quoted post[/post]​

I had them on my gallery (my server) for a while. I've got a story about that shit though. I'll get into it tomorrow. There are some real dumbass people out there doing low shit. I probably shouldn't get into it on here, but I know I will.

Anyway, I didn't get mugged tonight. That car has balls! Its putting down 300+ hp to the wheels. He took me for a ride tonight and it was a blast. It was just weird hearing him shift so soon and not feeling the vtec kick in. I'll have to get used to it if I do end up buying it. I'm going to call him tomorrow afternoon and offer him 16000 firm. If he says no, I'm not going to buy it. He has to sell it soon because he cant take it down under with him...so I may have a good shot at it.

Originally posted by webink_EK9+Oct 15 2004, 01:29 AM-->
kylemarhx
@Oct 14 2004, 10:51 PM
did he ever post pics of his ferrari?
[post=402795]Quoted post[/post]​

I had them on my gallery (my server) for a while. I've got a story about that shit though. I'll get into it tomorrow. There are some real dumbass people out there doing low shit. I probably shouldn't get into it on here, but I know I will.

Anyway, I didn't get mugged tonight. That car has balls! Its putting down 300+ hp to the wheels. He took me for a ride tonight and it was a blast. It was just weird hearing him shift so soon and not feeling the vtec kick in. I'll have to get used to it if I do end up buying it. I'm going to call him tomorrow afternoon and offer him 16000 firm. If he says no, I'm not going to buy it. He has to sell it soon because he cant take it down under with him...so I may have a good shot at it.
[post=402850]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd offer 15000 and work my way up. get it for cheaper. he sounds to be getting desperate. the wagon isnt as desireable as the sedan

damn, over a year ago my buddy got an 02 wrx for 16k, it had only 30k miles on it at the time

Originally posted by B16@Oct 15 2004, 06:36 PM
damn, over a year ago my buddy got an 02 wrx for 16k, it had only 30k miles on it at the time
[post=403197]Quoted post[/post]​

I told you back then that was a great deal... :D

Back