mazda 3 keeps eating tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
does anybody know what i need to check on thsi car to figure out why its eating tires so much?

its 3 years old, we've gone through about 1 set of tires per year.

set on there right now have about 20k miles on them. 1 year old.
took it in for alignment and rotate/balance today and the told me that they were getting pretty worn and would need to be replaced real soon.
cant remember the measurements, will measure myself later.
the balance was off under an ounce on each tire, and they said the alignment was only slightly off on one of the rear wheels (hit a huge pot hole on that side previously so thats correct)

i know im not really expecting much in response to this thread. just kind of wanted to vent.

taking the car to ntb tomorrow to have them look at the tires, they are supposed to have a 40k warranty, so we'll see how that goes (not getting my hopes up here either)

Stop doing burnouts and driving like a maniac.

Other than that check your alignment.

lol, yeah, my wife has this secret driving skill of burnouts, donuts, and hard cornering that she keeps from me.
that must be it.

alignment was checked, it was only slightly off. on one wheel.

shits just fucking aggravating. theres no reason to have gone through 3 sets of tires in 3 years. theres no hardcore driving going on.

how are the tires wearing, are they wearing on the inside or outside edge? are they cupped,feathered? or are they wearing evenly just fast? what type of tires,some tires have a low tread wear rating,better grip but softer and will wear out fast.

if they are wearing fairly evenly then i would suggest going with a harder stiffer tire,you'll loose some traction but you wont burn through tires so fast,i personally like bfg street tires,there all fairly good. but you might want to hit up your local tire shop rather than a dealer ship and talk with them they should be able to point you in the right direction.

yeah, im thinking i may have to just align it out of spec to get the toe to a place where it doesnt cup at all.
take away a bit of handling, but i would much rather tires last longer.

shits just annoying. as i said, it really wasnt that far off. they were either in spec, or right on the edge. but, these are factory specs and obviously, they are costing me money in tires.

when you put your new tires on would be the best time to have the alignment checked/adjusted so your worn tires arent throwing off the numbers.

Back