1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mazda Sales

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by EXtremeAccord, Nov 5, 2004.

1. EXtremeAccord

EXtremeAccord Senior Member

I am now a local Mazda Sales Representative. I wonder if it'll hurt business having a sweet-ass Honda parked in front... ANYWAYS, start tomorrow (Sat. Nov. 6th 8:30am PST) I'm so freaking happy. This has been my dream job since I was able to work. Well, not particularly Mazda, but selling cars. Once O get some experience under my belt I'm heading straight to Honda!

2. Guy

Guy Senior Member

I always thought selling cars would be a cool job, but after doing some research on the industry ive found its kind of a bummer. I mean to be a good salesman you end up having to take advantage of the customers ignorance, and many sales tactics seem outright dirty to me. I mean the thought of being able to hang around and talk about cars all day is kind of appealing but, for me, would end up being a real bummer. In any case I hope you enjoy your job and hook me up with a free lsd for my miata :p

3. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

You dont have to rip off customers if you can get enough to buy from you.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

there's no money in hondas man. go to bmw :)

5. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

There will be more money in Honda because theres more sales. The larger profit margin that the dealership makes from selling a BMW opposed to a Honda probably will never be seen by the salesman. His best bet would be selling a greater volume of Hondas but Mazda's sales are doing pretty damn well right now.

My advice, attempt to make a favorable deal for yourself but don't become a crook or sleezy. The high pressure tactics of many fellow salesman drive me out of the showroom or store.

6. webink_EK9

webink_EK9 Senior Member

It would be nice to buy a car from a car guy, not just a sales guy. I was looking at a new Si the other day and the sales guy started talking about how reliable the motor was because they have used that "same series of motors for over 10 years." I just smiled at the guy and said wow. So just don't be that guy and everything will be great!!

7. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

I heard from a guy that sells subarus that acting dumb will sell a lot of cars.

8. EXtremeAccord

EXtremeAccord Senior Member

In general, commission is 22% of profit. So, needless to say... you're right on the bulk-Honda to one-Beamer thing. Hondas are made cheap... and sold for alot... whereas BMW's are made expensive, and sold for alot. A car salesman is a car salesman. Quantity is EVERYTHING.

Oh yeah, my first day of work was AWESOME. I just stood around talking about cars and smoking all day. Took an '05 RX-8 for a joy ride... All I can say is that 238hp is a whooooooooole f-ing lot, buddy. Oh my GOD! Once I can, I'm buying one. No questions asked.

Hopefully I make a sale tomorrow. I actually start selling selling tomorrow and not lame training (watching videos about crap I already know). Wish me lizzuck!

9. IDMaxGuy

IDMaxGuy Senior Member

dont like the new miata... one of my freinds has one... with exhaust... it loses, specially to the talon :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted