Megan Racing 4 point under brace install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

confusatron

You can find these on ebay for about $45 shipped iirc. Made by a company with the unimpressive and weird-sounding name of Megan Racing. So it comes with NO instructions or anything. But a quick trip under the car told us what we needed to know. Basically it bolts to each of the control arms, and to two points on either side of the frame under the firewall.

The install was a pain because we didn't approach the job correctly at the beginning, but once we figured out that if you just jack up the car from under the control arm mount, everything else is a piece of cake. Took a while to figure that out though. Otherwise, got it done, and I have to go take it out right now and see if it did anything noticeable to tighten up the chassis/frame.

Who gives a shit? No pics, nothing about any changes in handling...

You win the award for the most worthless poster ever.

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 18 2005, 08:54 PM
Who gives a ####? No pics, nothing about any changes in handling...

[post=556399]Quoted post[/post]​

He's just writing about his experience. Why can't people just post about their experiences? I love the help ya'll give, but ya'll like to just rip apart people when they post things like this.

Just chill, Why can't we be friends? :lol:

i agree with wil. wtf was the point of the post? what is the product? what does it do? i see no information other then you installed some sort of brace made by megan racing and you dont know what effect it had...useless.

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 18 2005, 08:54 PM
Who gives a shit? No pics, nothing about any changes in handling...

[post=556399]Quoted post[/post]​

You win the award for most active flamer ever. You're the king of all dickheads. Big deal. And I said I'd post more later, so whatever.

After having driven it for an hour or so earlier, I have to say the ride is definitely firmer and there's definitely less frame twist from bumps in the road and what not. Cornering feels slightly better, again, a little less frame twist/body roll. No dramatic night and day changes, but definitely enough to justify the price tag. Based on its structure I'd also say its probably a better investment than a regular two-point tie bar. I'm happy with it.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 18 2005, 09:39 PM
i agree with wil. wtf was the point of the post? what is the product? what does it do? i see no information other then you installed some sort of brace made by megan racing and you dont know what effect it had...useless.
[post=556420]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: ... and Wil also.

And pics for this wouldn't be necessary anyway. It's four bolts, and once you get under the car, as I said, it's self explanatory. The only trick was to jack it up under the control arm frame mount point, which I explained above.

The point of the post was to help out anyone else who was thinking of using a 4 point brace as opposed to a regular 2 point tie bar, to tell them about this one which is very affordable, less expensive than the brand name 2 point tie bars, and to give my experience with it to anyone who was interested in knowing whether or not it improves handling. Based on the non-flamer posts, there are other people obviously interested in this. Just because you aren't doesn't mean everyone else isn't either. You don't like it, too bad.

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 18 2005, 09:44 PM
Do not tell me to chill, mister 'I'm going to bleep out a word that anyone could hear while watching TBS'.
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry If I was raised right, I don't need to curse to get my point across. :lol:

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 18 2005, 11:20 PM
You're a douche.

Wow. That's amazing man. How long were you "thinking" before that piece of genius popped into your brain? Keep it up, because we are all dying to hear what you have to say. Douche. I'm still laughing.

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 18 2005, 11:46 PM
Hey, don't get all bent out of shape just because your posts suck.

I'm sorry, your THREADS. Your THREADS suck.

My dad could SO kick your dad's ass, by the way.

Who got bent out of shape? And my threads are only occasionally stupid. Most of my threads get hundreds of reads and at least a dozen posts. Some of them closer to 50. And the only persistent flame action I get is from you. Most users have enough decency to answer questions without being an asshole. All your negative shit does it eat up storage on the server, for nothing. I also think it's kinda weird that you actually keep tabs on my threads and what's in them. I think you're in love with me or something :blink: :unsure: Yeah, and I'd like to see your dad kick my dad's ass by the way. My dad's kind of a dick. :)

..the only reason you're getting flamed is because we are all interested but you are not giving enough info....please take pics of it on your car...

btw do you guys think that will fit a ek hb??

Originally posted by formby@Sep 19 2005, 08:40 AM
..the only reason you're getting flamed is because we are all interested but you are not giving enough info....please take pics of it on your car...

[post=556593]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, it does fit an EK HB. Both cars have the same geometry in that location.

By the way, here's a picture on my sedan:

underbody_med_03.jpg

underbody_med_07.jpg

Whatever you do, do NOT bottom out your car. The brace is very strong in tension/compression, but if it gets hit or crushed, it will feel like a piece of paper. It doesn't take much- trust me. I went through 2 of them. They both worked great until I destroyed them- one lasted for a month, the second lasted for a week. One big rock on the highway and it's done.

The brace also won't fit under a typical header with a 2.5" collector. Unless "Megan Racing" changed their design from the rest of the Taiwan companies that produce this brace- and I doubt it, because there's probably only one company making this brace- then it's not going to clear a large header. For a large header, I would still recommend one of the big name brand solid 2 point front lower braces. They'll last a lot longer.

Quoted post[/post]]
Originally posted by formby@Sep 19 2005, 08:40 AM

<div align="right">[post=556593]Quoted post[/post]</div>

Yes, it does fit an EK HB. Both cars have the same geometry in that location.

By the way, here's a picture on my sedan:

underbody_med_03.jpg

underbody_med_07.jpg

Whatever you do, do NOT bottom out your car. The brace is very strong in tension/compression, but if it gets hit or crushed, it will feel like a piece of paper. It doesn't take much- trust me. I went through 2 of them. They both worked great until I destroyed them- one lasted for a month, the second lasted for a week. One big rock on the highway and it's done.

The brace also won't fit under a typical header with a 2.5" collector. Unless "Megan Racing" changed their design from the rest of the Taiwan companies that produce this brace- and I doubt it, because there's probably only one company making this brace- then it's not going to clear a large header. For a large header, I would still recommend one of the big name brand solid 2 point front lower braces. They'll last a lot longer.

Did you notice a difference in handling after you removed the brace after destroying it, or did you replace it with another type of brace bar?

Back