Megan Racing c-pillar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ignorant import guy

Ok who has installed a megan racing c-pilar to a civic and had problems...just curious to know if i'm the only one because either the adjusting bolts or the bar itself is about 6-9 inches short

Quoted post[/post]]
You probably have the one for a hatch?
I'm not sure...i bought the package consisting of the h-brace, front and rear strut bars, lower rear strur bar, and the c-pilar for all 1992-2000 civic and 1994-2000 integra...i have heard complaints before concerning megan racing's h-brace. I don't know if they have a bad history

If you have problems with the Hbrace, let me know... because I have one I need to install to. If you can figure out a way to keep it from being a problem, I'd like to know.

Quoted post[/post]]
If you have problems with the Hbrace, let me know... because I have one I need to install to. If you can figure out a way to keep it from being a problem, I'd like to know.

I had a very serious problem with my Megan H Brace. I overtorqued the LCA bolts and ended up totally fucking up my LCAs and the nut that used to be :) welded inside the engine cradle that the LCA bolts to. I say "used to" because due to me overtorqueing the bolts, the nuts popped off and the bolts started to move around when I was cornering. They ended up ovaling out the holes a little and totally tearing up one of my LCA bushings due to the stress. Before rigging new nuts into the engine cradle, the LCAs would shift left or right during cornering. It was pretty fuckin scary.

The moral of the story is: be careful when you install that H Brace. I guess check a haynes manual for torque specs on the LCA bolts, because the brace doesn't come with any instructions. Incidentally I threw my H Brace away because I had hollowed out the mounting points a little when I overtightened the bolts and it was no longer usable.

Another piece of advice: If you have an aftermarket exhaust like my Magnaflow, you might find that it bangs against the H Brace when you hit big bumps. A solution to this is wrap the brace crossbars with pieces of rubber radiator hose.

Back