mil and oil light inop.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

loyloy

sun^works
what would make both the check engine light and oil light not come on when i turn the key on? i checked the ground on the thermostat housing and it's on there good. the engine ground is good. the tranny ground is good. no sound from fuel pump either. it was working before i pulled out my old gsr. any help is appreciated thanks.

its my 1992 civic hatch si.

you pulled out your gsr? what did you put in its place?

does the starter work on the new motor? What ECU are you using? Have you rewired the harness?

Just throwing questions out, seeing if your answers might spark an idea on my side.

thanks for the respond.

i recently picked up an obd2 b18c5 block and slapped my old b17 gsr head on it and threw it in my car. i'm using my obd1 p72. i wired up my knock sensor to the ecu. the harness was not rewired because it was working fine with the b17. and i was told the obd1 p72 did not look for crank sensor. correct me if i'm wrong.

youre right on all of it...what id do is test the fuel pump (yeah, im asking you to drop the tank) and make sure that youve got power going to it or not. If not, try replacing the ecu with any OBD1 ecu (DO NOT START THE CAR WITH THIS ECU) and see if the fuel pump comes on. If the other ecu works, you might have toasted the ECU, if not, id check the wiring, then the main relay.

i've tested the fuel pump, no power.

aww man, i really dont want to hear those words. haha. thanks for the help though. do you recommend any other ecu's to replace this IF it is bad? i'm going to test the main relay. i should hear a click right? well im going to bench test it anyways. while i am doing that, is the main relay just another relay? i mean do i test it by powering 87 to 87a? or was it 87 to 30... it's been a while since i messed with relays.

when i say look at the main relay i mean just examine the solder points for cracking and the board for wear. if you notice solder cracking, that can be easily fixed if you know how to resolder connections. if the board looks toasted, then it might be time to buy a new one.

Im not really sure on any testing procedures for the main relay, maybe another member might have more info on it.

Back